Tip us?

msc125
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default I got out of APX mode

As I understand from this thread;

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2118259&page=8

you can't get out of APX mode. Well, I did. Maybe my phone wasn't in proper APX mode, or maybe I'm confused as to what APX mode is, anyway I thought I'd share in case it can help anyone.......

Here is my original problem;

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51066504

As it says, I replaced the battery and the power flex cable (which I broke during disassembly). When connected to Windows it made the connect sound, and 'USB Device not recognised'. I pressed and held the power button and heard the sound again, nothing else changed. Went into Device Manager, it said APX device.

I searched and read through the above linked thread. Felt gutted.

I decided to run the battery charging script again (originally tried it before opening up the phone). It was running for about 5 min (with no progress) when I thought I'd try pressing and holding the power button again. While I was reading a thread, I kept pressing and holding the power button, and releasing when I heard the windows connect sound, then pressing and holding again. After about 5 times doing this, the phone just booted up normally! Everything was fine, all ok, all my stuff (texts, call logs, apps, media etc..) was all there

After charging it to 100%, I went into recovery (TWRP) to check it was all working ok. I was asked for a password, searched the forums briefly for it, will sort this after I post this thread. It couldn't see the sdcard, or mount, but this is related to the password problem I think.

Now, when I went to reboot, system, it said no OS installed. I rebooted anyway, and when it booted up it was like a fresh rom install. All my apps, texts etc... were gone, but my media was all still there.

Soooo, I'm pretty chuffed my phone is back! Does anyone know why my phone was reset just by going into recovery?

Mr Hofs
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 8,461

DONATE TO ME
And i have read that you are back in apx. It's a shame we have to repeat it over and over. APX is a hardware failure which can't be 100% fixed. As you see now it kicks back in, the phone will never be reliable again.

Sorry mate.....wish it would be different for you ......

Cheers.