Need some feedback

OP grunt0300

15th March 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag aboard the Death Star
Thanks Meter: 27

424 posts
More
Thinking of picking up the black HTC ONE(M7), when the M8 comes out. Can someone tell me how the color has been holding up? Does it scratch off? How easy is it to root? Thanks for any input.
17th March 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag Lancaster
Thanks Meter: 5

136 posts
More
My friend has HTC one black, honesty with you the paint on HTC one peels off after amount of uses. Beats audio wasn't on back of HTC one and same problem on iPhone 5 release day back then when people complained about paint peeling off. The silver is much better.

It's up to you!

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to LeonKnight12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2014, 07:52 PM   |  #3  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 62

187 posts
I just got the black one about a month ago. Can't really speak on the durability of the paint. I was more concerned with the glass covering the camera lens. There is no lip around it like on my previous phone and I'm afraid of getting scratches on that. So I put it in a case, which will also protect the rest of the body. Although it does hide the sleek design of the phone, I'd rather have the extra protection.

As for rooting, it's a breeze. Unlock the bootloader, flash custom recovery, install SU binary, done.
17th March 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag aboard the Death Star
Thanks Meter: 27

424 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan7

I just got the black one about a month ago. Can't really speak on the durability of the paint. I was more concerned with the glass covering the camera lens. There is no lip around it like on my previous phone and I'm afraid of getting scratches on that. So I put it in a case, which will also protect the rest of the body. Although it does hide the sleek design of the phone, I'd rather have the extra protection.

As for rooting, it's a breeze. Unlock the bootloader, flash custom recovery, install SU binary, done.

Thanks. For the rooting, what, if any, guide did you use?
17th March 2014, 08:40 PM   |  #5  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 62

187 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt0300

Thanks. For the rooting, what, if any, guide did you use?

Didn't really use a guide. The process for rooting has been basically the same for every device I've had (unlock bootloader, flash custom recovery, install SuperSU). Fortunately for me, I was able to use Firewater w/ a temproot to gain S-OFF which also unlocked my bootloader. I didn't have to go through HTCDev nor did the process wipe my internal storage. Depending on the setup of your device when you get it, Firewater may not work for you. (Definitely give it a try though. S-OFF is the way to be.) If it doesn't work, you still shouldn't have a problem unlocking the bootloader through HTCDev. Then use fastboot commands from HBOOT to flash TWRP, then TWRP to install SuperSU. There are plenty of threads that give the details of how to do that.

If you're not familiar with using fastboot or adb, I would recommend doing the research to learn it. It's basic fundamentals you will need if you're going to continue down the rooted road.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2277112
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2266638
The Following User Says Thank You to sharksfan7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread