FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

Need urgent help in S4 GT-I9505 " firmware upgrade encountered an issue"

48 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By TugaPhysicx, Member on 17th March 2014, 02:19 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Sup guys,

My Galaxy S4 is stuck at an image that says: "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies & try again on"

I can't get stock firmware via kies or via ODIN cuz gives me an error.
I can't install TWRP via ODIN cuz gives me an error.

I did a bunch of things, change USB ports, computer install drivers. I don't know what more to do, seriously :s

Hope someone can help.
 
 
17th March 2014, 02:54 PM |#2  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib
Thanks Meter: 3,357
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TugaPhysicx

Sup guys,

My Galaxy S4 is stuck at an image that says: "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies & try again on"

I can't get stock firmware via kies or via ODIN cuz gives me an error.
I can't install TWRP via ODIN cuz gives me an error.

I did a bunch of things, change USB ports, computer install drivers. I don't know what more to do, seriously :s

Hope someone can help.


try to pull your battery for 10 sec and then put it back mate . Now Press and hold power+Voldown in order to boot into downloadmode and flash away.
17th March 2014, 02:56 PM |#3  
Ryanrioz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Try to pull battery n hit it into Download mode n Reflash it via Odin

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
17th March 2014, 02:58 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa

try to pull your battery for 10 sec and then put it back mate . Now Press and hold power+Voldown in order to boot into downloadmode and flash away.

Didn't worked mate :/
17th March 2014, 03:00 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanrioz

Try to pull battery n hit it into Download mode n Reflash it via Odin

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

ODIN still gives error..
17th March 2014, 09:20 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
In Kies select Tools -> Emergency firmware recovery

This will identify the appropriate firmware for your device (by serial no I think), wipe your device clean and install the latest available firmware. It is the 'nuclear option' when all else fails.

It rescued me from a brick once, but I ended up on new bootloader so tripped Knox fuse when I rooted. Annoying, but tolerable to get the device working again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes