Can flash recovery, can't flash rom.

Search This thread

guywithdesire1992

Oct 7, 2010
Hi guys,

I'm a little stuck. I have a HTC One HBOOT 1.44 with TWRP 2.7.0.0 installed. I can flash recoveries (CWM or TWRP) but I cannot for the life of me sideload a ROM. I just did a factory reset so I can't exactly turn it back on. Any ideas?

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hi guys,

I'm a little stuck. I have a HTC One HBOOT 1.44 with TWRP 2.7.0.0 installed. I can flash recoveries (CWM or TWRP) but I cannot for the life of me sideload a ROM. I just did a factory reset so I can't exactly turn it back on. Any ideas?

save your rom in the same folder where you have adb and fastboot. Boot your phone in twrp recovery main menu. Open a cmd prompt from your fastboot folder.

type:

Code:
adb devices

it should output your phone s/n and ''recovery'' beside.

Code:
adb push <name_of_rom>.zip /sdcard/

wait for the file transfer, it might take up to 5-10 mins.

after the file transfer completed, Hit ''install'' and select the rom.zip.

guywithdesire1992

Oct 7, 2010
save your rom in the same folder where you have adb and fastboot. Boot your phone in twrp recovery main menu. Open a cmd prompt from your fastboot folder.

type:

Code:
adb devices

it should output your phone s/n and ''recovery'' beside.

Code:
adb push <name_of_rom>.zip /sdcard/

wait for the file transfer, it might take up to 5-10 mins.

after the file transfer completed, Hit ''install'' and select the rom.zip.

ROM is in directory and opened CMD prompt from fastboot folder. ROM is named 'rom' for simplicity. Sitting on the TWRP main screen and typing adb devices results in this. Can't see any devices attached.

E:\HDD Downloads\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-
131030\sdk\platform-tools>adb devices
List of devices attached

131030\sdk\platform-tools>

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
ROM is in directory and opened CMD prompt from fastboot folder. ROM is named 'rom' for simplicity. Sitting on the TWRP main screen and typing adb devices results in this. Can't see any devices attached.

131030\sdk\platform-tools>adb devices
List of devices attached

131030\sdk\platform-tools>

Your drivers a probably not installed correctly. Start by following these instruction from nkk71's guide (faq #2):

originally from @nkk71: [GUIDE] [02-MAR-2014] nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock

2) Q: I'm using Windows 7 what should I worry about
A: when you issue the command "fastboot boot CWM.img" (now only in CWM/TWRP restore method) there's a high chance drivers won't correctly install
dh4kjo.jpg

follow the below instructions to fix

Open "Device Manager" -> select the unknown "One" -> right-click -> "Update Driver Software ..." -> "Browse my computer" -> "Let me pick" -> "Android USB Devices" -> select "My HTC ..." -> install that
just in case, HTC Drivers can be found here: [Drivers] HTC Drivers for Windows - Several Versions (credits to @mdmower)
though you should already have them since you have been using your phone anyways

for those who like a visual guide:

okay so I did a fastboot boot command, and as you can see it didnt install correct driver
28ioxf6.jpg

Open "Device Manager"
2ywxpp3.jpg

there's the culprit
312v6me.jpg

right click and Update Driver Software
2ivmu5k.jpg

select Browse my computer for driver software
357qek7.jpg

select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
2582flf.jpg

select Android USB Devices
143jar8.jpg

select My HTC ... (if you have more than one version, choose the latest)
axea9h.jpg

warning, select Yes
14lhelv.jpg

successful installation
21btc3d.jpg

now it looks better :)
zwx53s.jpg

and can confirm:
Code:
C:\ADB3>[B]adb devices[/B]
List of devices attached
HTxxxxxxxxxx    recovery
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------