Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 43,731 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashing back to stock, can I remove bloat without flashing debloated stock ROM?

Tip us?

WTFsandwich
Old
(Last edited by WTFsandwich; 17th March 2014 at 06:47 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Flashing back to stock, can I remove bloat without flashing debloated stock ROM?

I'd like to go back to stock for a little while, will be following SuperSport's guide and using his installer to go to KitKat, and yes, I'm aware this will remove root and custom recovery ability for the time being.

However, I have a feeling removing bloatware is probably possible one way or another, ADB being a likely candidate, but I have no idea how to use ADB to do so.

Could someone direct me to a good source on learning the process of this for a stock ATT G2 on KitKat? If not ADB, then perhaps another method that would work?

I feel comfortable accepting any risks provided I have a good source of information to follow.

TonyStark
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 5136
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFsandwich View Post
I'd like to go back to stock for a little while, will be following SuperSport's guide and using his installer to go to KitKat, and yes, I'm aware this will remove root and custom recovery ability for the time being.

However, I have a feeling removing bloatware is probably possible one way or another, ADB being a likely candidate, but I have no idea how to use ADB to do so.

Could someone direct me to a good source on learning the process of this for a stock ATT G2 on KitKat? If not ADB, then perhaps another method that would work?

I feel comfortable accepting any risks provided I have a good source of information to follow.
This may be of some help

Goof luck

comk4ver
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Titanium backup can help

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

TonyStark
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 5136
Quote: