Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Flashing back to stock, can I remove bloat without flashing debloated stock ROM?

OP WTFsandwich

17th March 2014, 07:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

54 posts
I'd like to go back to stock for a little while, will be following SuperSport's guide and using his installer to go to KitKat, and yes, I'm aware this will remove root and custom recovery ability for the time being.

However, I have a feeling removing bloatware is probably possible one way or another, ADB being a likely candidate, but I have no idea how to use ADB to do so.

Could someone direct me to a good source on learning the process of this for a stock ATT G2 on KitKat? If not ADB, then perhaps another method that would work?

I feel comfortable accepting any risks provided I have a good source of information to follow.
Last edited by WTFsandwich; 17th March 2014 at 07:47 PM.
17th March 2014, 09:08 PM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFsandwich

I'd like to go back to stock for a little while, will be following SuperSport's guide and using his installer to go to KitKat, and yes, I'm aware this will remove root and custom recovery ability for the time being.

However, I have a feeling removing bloatware is probably possible one way or another, ADB being a likely candidate, but I have no idea how to use ADB to do so.

Could someone direct me to a good source on learning the process of this for a stock ATT G2 on KitKat? If not ADB, then perhaps another method that would work?

I feel comfortable accepting any risks provided I have a good source of information to follow.

This may be of some help

Goof luck
17th March 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 7

112 posts
Titanium backup can help

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
18th March 2014, 01:23 AM   |  #4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by comk4ver

Titanium backup can help

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk