Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,443 Members 38,709 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[app] quotistic quotes

Tip us?

Jainyankee1993
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default [app] quotistic quotes

Hi guys, I've recently created an application that I would greatly appreciate if you gave a test spin. It's an application about quotes. It's being updated almost every day to add new quotes, authors, and categories, hand picked from me. I would love some feedback. Recently added a share, and search for quotes button. Please tell me if you like it and be sure to comment and rate. Much appreciated . https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nkee.Quotistic

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
-----------------------------------
Phone: HTC INSPIRE 4G/DESIRE HD
ROM: Ice Cream Sandwich
Kernel: Lord b4

brobinson2102
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Checked out your app. These are quotes "personally picked by the developer" for inspiration that include Einstein, Buddha, Lincoln and... Hitler? Adolph Hitler?!

What's up with that?

Back to the S3
[I337+Root=A Good Thing]

Jainyankee1993
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobinson2102 View Post
Checked out your app. These are quotes "personally picked by the developer" for inspiration that include Einstein, Buddha, Lincoln and... Hitler? Adolph Hitler?!

What's up with that?

Back to the S3
Adolph Hitler was a horrible person, no doubt, but we can't discount him from history. You're right, it's controversial, and I don't agree with most, if not all the things he has to say.. But we can't simply ignore his presence. Thank you for checking it out though. I hope you liked the app in general

The Following User Says Thank You to Jainyankee1993 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brobinson2102
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jainyankee1993 View Post
Adolph Hitler was a horrible person, no doubt, but we can't discount him from history. You're right, it's controversial, and I don't agree with most, if not all the things he has to say.. But we can't simply ignore his presence. Thank you for checking it out though. I hope you liked the app in general

He was a horrible monster. And I agree that we should not discount Hitler from history. I'm also somewhat compelled by the idea of sharing quotes from Hitler so we never forget.

My dissonance is the stated purpose of the app being for inspirational use. I'm not sure I would include Hitler as a person that inspires me.

Finding his name listed next to the other individuals you chose was, for me, incongruent at best and insulting at worst.

While I understand your rationale, However, from a purely marketing perspective, I imagine including Hitler in a list of inspirational speakers may present challenges for marketing to a larger audience.

Respectfully submitted.
[I337+Root=A Good Thing]

Jainyankee1993
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobinson2102 View Post
He was a horrible monster. And I agree that we should not discount Hitler from history. I'm also somewhat compelled by the idea of sharing quotes from Hitler so we never forget.

My dissonance is the stated purpose of the app being for inspirational use. I'm not sure I would include Hitler as a person that inspires me.

Finding his name listed next to the other individuals you chose was, for me, incongruent at best and insulting at worst.

While I understand your rationale, However, from a purely marketing perspective, I imagine including Hitler in a list of inspirational speakers may present challenges for marketing to a larger audience.

Respectfully submitted.
I appreciate the feedback and I completely understand where you're coming from. I will consider removing Hitler, as I don't want to offend anyone. In fact I created this app for the opposite purpose. Thanks again, feel free to leave feedback on Google play btw. Thanks again!