[app] quotistic quotes

OP Jainyankee1993

14th March 2014, 01:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Edison
Thanks Meter: 41

356 posts
More
Hi guys, I've recently created an application that I would greatly appreciate if you gave a test spin. It's an application about quotes. It's being updated almost every day to add new quotes, authors, and categories, hand picked from me. I would love some feedback. Recently added a share, and search for quotes button. Please tell me if you like it and be sure to comment and rate. Much appreciated . https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nkee.Quotistic

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
16th March 2014, 04:22 AM   |  #2  
Checked out your app. These are quotes "personally picked by the developer" for inspiration that include Einstein, Buddha, Lincoln and... Hitler? Adolph Hitler?!

What's up with that?

Back to the S3
18th March 2014, 12:39 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Edison

356 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobinson2102

Checked out your app. These are quotes "personally picked by the developer" for inspiration that include Einstein, Buddha, Lincoln and... Hitler? Adolph Hitler?!

What's up with that?

Back to the S3

Adolph Hitler was a horrible person, no doubt, but we can't discount him from history. You're right, it's controversial, and I don't agree with most, if not all the things he has to say.. But we can't simply ignore his presence. Thank you for checking it out though. I hope you liked the app in general

The Following User Says Thank You to Jainyankee1993 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th March 2014, 01:16 AM   |  #4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jainyankee1993

Adolph Hitler was a horrible person, no doubt, but we can't discount him from history. You're right, it's controversial, and I don't agree with most, if not all the things he has to say.. But we can't simply ignore his presence. Thank you for checking it out though. I hope you liked the app in general

He was a horrible monster. And I agree that we should not discount Hitler from history. I'm also somewhat compelled by the idea of sharing quotes from Hitler so we never forget.

My dissonance is the stated purpose of the app being for inspirational use. I'm not sure I would include Hitler as a person that inspires me.

Finding his name listed next to the other individuals you chose was, for me, incongruent at best and insulting at worst.

While I understand your rationale, However, from a purely marketing perspective, I imagine including Hitler in a list of inspirational speakers may present challenges for marketing to a larger audience.

Respectfully submitted.
18th March 2014, 01:32 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Edison

356 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobinson2102

He was a horrible monster. And I agree that we should not discount Hitler from history. I'm also somewhat compelled by the idea of sharing quotes from Hitler so we never forget.

My dissonance is the stated purpose of the app being for inspirational use. I'm not sure I would include Hitler as a person that inspires me.

Finding his name listed next to the other individuals you chose was, for me, incongruent at best and insulting at worst.

While I understand your rationale, However, from a purely marketing perspective, I imagine including Hitler in a list of inspirational speakers may present challenges for marketing to a larger audience.

Respectfully submitted.

I appreciate the feedback and I completely understand where you're coming from. I will consider removing Hitler, as I don't want to offend anyone. In fact I created this app for the opposite purpose. Thanks again, feel free to leave feedback on Google play btw. Thanks again!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread