Watch This Now!

[Q] Battery Practices

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By Lbabus, Junior Member on 16th March 2014, 09:12 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Looking to maximize my battery. How low should I let the battery go before recharging? Should I ever let the battery drain? If so, how frequently? I tried researching online but keep getting different answers. Thanks.
17th March 2014, 06:08 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 36
Avoid draining it completely. Flat cycles(partial charging) are healthy. Best stop charging before the battery reaches 100%.
I'm too lazy for that. But I use every opportunity to recharge my gadgets and cannot remember a case, where i had a significant decrease in battery capacity within the first three or four years.
17th March 2014, 08:44 PM |#3  
Flag Newcastle Upon Tyne
Thanks Meter: 219
Also dont let it drop below 30% as this isnt good for the life of the battery.

Sent from Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition via Tapatalk.
17th March 2014, 08:52 PM |#4  
Flag North Branch
Thanks Meter: 149
Donate to Me
There are a lot of different opinions on how low to let your battery get. I've used lithium ion batteries for a lot of tools, devices and such and believe not letting it go dead is key. I think it can go below 30 easily and still be fine. I usually throw it on the charger when it gets to about 15. And also now a days lithium ion batteries can stay on the charged pay the point if when it says fully charged. I heard it will not affect them in any way. I have a lot of tools I leave on over night and phones, tablets that when doing so they have lasted years with it damage to the battery.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
18th March 2014, 01:15 AM |#5  
Flag near Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 443
Heat is also very hard on your battery.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread