Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,983 Members 45,556 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4.4.2 CM11, return to all stock?

Tip us?

FireGuy2014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo101t View Post
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7wls is where to go 2.7.0.1 is the latest, flash this with adb fastboot, in your bootloader
would the command be fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.1-m7wls.img?

Aldo101t
Old
Thanks Meter 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGuy2014 View Post
would the command be fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.1-m7wls.img?
yessir

FireGuy2014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
yessir
should i erase my cache first?

Or just plug it up, go to bootloader, and flash it, then restore?

Aldo101t
Old
Thanks Meter 1205
Quote:
should i erase my cache first?

Or just plug it up, go to bootloader, and flash it, then restore?
not sure on the cache erase some say do some say don't i'd try it without first if you have issues wipe it and reflash recovery

FireGuy2014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
not sure on the cache erase some say do some say don't i'd try it without first if you have issues wipe it and reflash recovery
tried to no avail. I tried and it was stuck on HTC logo for 15 minutes. I reflashed to CM11, and im downloading the RUU now to completely wipe/restore it. Unless i did something wrong? I erased cache using adb, then booted up, restored my stuff, and it said successful, but it was on the htc logo. I tried again to the same thing. then i reflashed cm11 and it worked. did i forget to do a factory reset before i restored everything? it said it wiped stuff before it restored it.

Aldo101t
Old
(Last edited by Aldo101t; 18th March 2014 at 01:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1205
Quote:
tried to no avail. I tried and it was stuck on HTC logo for 15 minutes. I reflashed to CM11, and im downloading the RUU now to completely wipe/restore it. Unless i did something wrong? I erased cache using adb, then booted up, restored my stuff, and it said successful, but it was on the htc logo. I tried again to the same thing. then i reflashed cm11 and it worked. did i forget to do a factory reset before i restored everything? it said it wiped stuff before it restored it.
after you erased cache did you flash recovery, then reboot recovery and restore a backup

when you are on the htc logo hold the power button down til it reboots and see if it goes past the htc screen

you don't have to factory reset to restore a rom just hit restore and select the backup

FireGuy2014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
after you erased cache did you flash recovery, then reboot recovery and restore a backup

when you are on the htc logo hold the power button down til it reboots and see if it goes past the htc screen
I flashed recovery, then erased cache, then rebooted to recovery, and restored a backup. when it said successful, i rebooted from there, and it vibrated on bootup, but stayed at the htc screen for a while. I held the power button and rebooted. same thing.

Aldo101t
Old
(Last edited by Aldo101t; 18th March 2014 at 01:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1205
Quote:
I flashed recovery, then erased cache, then rebooted to recovery, and restored a backup. when it said successful, i rebooted from there, and it vibrated on bootup, but stayed at the htc screen for a while. I held the power button and rebooted. same thing.
well, i don't know, i'd try 2.6.3.0 twrp and don't wipe cache, thats what i been using, what the hell can't hurt to try at this point in the game

sometimes it takes awhile on the first boot, i've had some take quit awhile, but i don't know

FireGuy2014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
well, i don't know, i'd try 2.6.3.0 twrp and don't wipe cache, thats what i been using, what the hell can't hurt to try at this point in the game
I'm gonna try an RUU. I'm downloading the latest one right now (4.06.651.4 i believe). I'll let you know how it works out. since i'm S-ON, all i need to do is relock boot loader and then run the RUU correct?

Aldo101t
Old
Thanks Meter 1205
Quote:
I'm gonna try an RUU. I'm downloading the latest one right now (4.06.651.4 i believe). I'll let you know how it works out. since i'm S-ON, all i need to do is relock boot loader and then run the RUU correct?
yes,

The Following User Says Thank You to Aldo101t For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]