Post Reply

[Q] D616w and D516w, HTC 8-core is coming?

OP huck.dave

6th March 2014, 08:02 AM   |  #11  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 25
 
77 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by wym1990815

Zopo, THL are OEM themselves

Indeed. I have friends who talked with the boss of another Chinese cellphone brand Doogee. The boss said his company built brands just to expose its strength, so as to draw the attention of brand names like Huawei and lenovo, and get some investment and OEM/ODM orders from them.
7th March 2014, 01:45 AM   |  #12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
HTC in the middle level market is OK. But the eight cores,,I don't know what's the performance。
7th March 2014, 01:49 AM   |  #13  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wym1990815

Wingtech has producted for huawei and xiaomi.

Oops :-O you mean the most low price brand Chinese phone are made by Wingtech ?
how do you think about the new HTC cellphone? does the octa-core performs well ?
7th March 2014, 02:07 AM   |  #14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by huck.dave

Oops :-O you mean the most low price brand Chinese phone are made by Wingtech ?
how do you think about the new HTC cellphone? does the octa-core performs well ?

I think MTK’s eight cores compared with other CPU which like Qualcomm、Inter,the MTK haven't competitive.But the low price is attractive.About $270?
7th March 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #15  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wym1990815

I think MTK’s eight cores compared with other CPU which like Qualcomm、Inter,the MTK haven't competitive.But the low price is attractive.About $270?

The price might change at last. While this device announced cheap with 8MP camera , i wish the pixel could be higher in final vesion.
7th March 2014, 08:51 AM   |  #16  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 25
 
77 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by huck.dave

The price might change at last. While this device announced cheap with 8MP camera , i wish the pixel could be higher in final vesion.

8mp is good enough if it was the real resolution. Many cameras have interpolated resolution of 13mp or 14mp, but the real is 2mp or lower.
You know iPhone 5 is 8MP and HTC ONE, 4MP.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wym1990815

I think MTK’s eight cores compared with other CPU which like Qualcomm、Inter,the MTK haven't competitive.But the low price is attractive.About $270?

About MTK6592, i've made a review on a phone paired with it, namely Cubot X6 (). It perfectly supports 720p resolution. Though MTK is marked "low-end", it has 8 cores after all.
7th March 2014, 09:05 AM   |  #17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by huck.dave

The price might change at last. While this device announced cheap with 8MP camera , i wish the pixel could be higher in final vesion.

wow,in my opinion,some telephone's 8MP cameras are bad, some 8 million pixels mobile phones like iPhone 4S more gorgeous than them.
18th March 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #18  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammad ahamad

8mp is good enough if it was the real resolution. Many cameras have interpolated resolution of 13mp or 14mp, but the real is 2mp or lower.
You know iPhone 5 is 8MP and HTC ONE, 4MP.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------



About MTK6592, i've made a review on a phone paired with it, namely Cubot X6 (). It perfectly supports 720p resolution. Though MTK is marked "low-end", it has 8 cores after all.

did you mean many cameras do not have real resolution by interpolating resolution?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in Questions and Answers by ThreadRank