Thread Deleted

Repost/help

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
18th March 2014, 03:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
This person posted this about kindle fire not working

At first my Fire wouldn't charge unless it was placed in a particular way, then it stopped altogether. I pronounced it dead, and left it stowed away for a few months, but then decided to try and fix it. I think this guide may be useful for anyone who wants to fix a kindle with dead charging. Note that you may damage your kindle in the process so if you are still under warranty, use it.

1. Take off the back cover. You may need to use a guitar pick or something similar.

2. Take off the two battery leads. One has a locking mechanism which needs to be lifted before the ribbon cable can be taken out.

3. Take out all screws connected motherboard to rest of device. There are connections underneath the board so be careful when lifting it.

4. When I lifted it, I found the USB connector had broken off the entire board (if it was even attached in the first place) and this was obviously causing the problems, as the USB connector could now only connect to the motherboard if pressure was applied so that it was being held on somehow by it. To fix this, I could have tried to solder the tiny USB connections onto the board, but instead I used a different way which is working perfectly for many weeks now.

5. Get a rubber band and tie a not in it numerous times until the knot is about 3-4mm thick. Cut off remaining rubber band and superglue the knot onto the bottom side of the USB connector (the side that faces the display when assembled). Then insert the USB connector into it's little holder under the board, with the rubber band firm beneath it and replace the motherboard. Redo all the screws, reconnect any connectors you've disconnected (you may have had to disconnect some to remove/move the motherboard - always undo battery cables before you work on the innards of any device).

6. If you've done this correctly, the round rubber band knot should press the USB connector continuously on to the board. Test using your stock charger before you put it back together because the back cover is pretty hard to get off.

7. Replace the back cover and enjoy!

Notes: My rubber band knot was actually a little too large, which meant that to connect the USB plug I had to press the kindle together to insert the cable, but charging is reliable and working so far, so I'm happy about that.
If you found this post helpful, please click the Thanks button!

And I think he's long gone it's an old post and I need help what does he mean by connect the rubber band to the usb where do you put the rubber band where do you super glue it the motherboard kindle or the usb and what does he mean by tie it how do you tie a rubber band
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread