5,605,120 Members 37,095 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Cappy User

Tip us?

naveen11907
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi, i just have a captivate phone from a friend and works perfectly, i would like to upgrade this from eclair to JB. does any knows a stable JB rom for our captivate?

Thanks!

dawgdoc
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen11907 View Post
Hi, i just have a captivate phone from a friend and works perfectly, i would like to upgrade this from eclair to JB. does any knows a stable JB rom for our captivate?

Thanks!
I just upgraded mine to JB 4.2.2 via CyanogenMod 10.1.3. I have only been on it for a few days. Also, I am only using this device as a music player and will be using it as a navigation tool. So far I am still familiarizing myself with it and have no complaints. I did see a post from one of the experienced users, dated February of this year, recommending this version of JB, either CM or one of the ROMs based on it.

SGS3 SGH-i747

TW 4.1.2, stock, rooted,
TiBu frozen

Samsung Captivate SGH-i897
Currently CyanogenMod 10.1.3
resurrected from softbrick using 4-2ndtwin's Heimdall OneClick to stock Gingerbread - 2.3.5 - kk4
ROM history Eclair > Froyo > Gingerbread > CM9
The Following User Says Thank You to dawgdoc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

naveen11907
Old
(Last edited by naveen11907; 18th March 2014 at 03:36 AM.) Reason: need to add link of the tutorial
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgdoc View Post
I just upgraded mine to JB 4.2.2 via CyanogenMod 10.1.3. I have only been on it for a few days. Also, I am only using this device as a music player and will be using it as a navigation tool. So far I am still familiarizing myself with it and have no complaints. I did see a post from one of the experienced users, dated February of this year, recommending this version of JB, either CM or one of the ROMs based on it.

Thanks for the suggestion! a big thanks for you.

I already upgraded my cappy from eclair to gingerbread and then vanilla last night.

here are the tutorials incase someone might needed it.

from stock eclair to gingerbread, the thread is http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1350266

and the supernexus ROM which is Android 4.4.2 KitKat (KOT49H - Android-4.4.2_r1) build 1.1.1.

Here is the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2622834

So far so good.