Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] ink markings on th einside of my digitizer. Cleaning tip needed

OP larscn

14th March 2014, 02:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

66 posts
I just replaced my broken digitizer with one from ebay. I noticed some ink markings on it, but assumed they where on the outside of the protective film. However when I pulled off the protective film I noticed that it's on the inside of the digitizer. (yes I have to disasemble it again.)

How shall I clean it. Can it be done without harming the digitizer? How sensitive is it on the inside of the glass?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140313_143916.jpg
Views:	7818
Size:	258.9 KB
ID:	2630211  
17th March 2014, 11:46 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

66 posts
With the lack of response I chose to use wipes and cleaning solution from a Dust-Aid kit for cleaning DSLR sensors. I believe the cleaning agent is heptan, but it doesn't say on the bottle, so I can't be sure.

Anyway. It worked well. Had to rub a bit to get the ink off, but with a little patients it rubbed off without leaving any residue. Now the only defect in the glass is a small scratch. (which may well be why there was ink markings there. Probably a production flaw and the reason I got the digitizer cheap on ebay. Anyway it won't bother me much. Certainly not enough to replace the glass again.
18th March 2014, 05:26 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 122

533 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by larscn

With the lack of response I chose to use wipes and cleaning solution from a Dust-Aid kit for cleaning DSLR sensors. I believe the cleaning agent is heptan, but it doesn't say on the bottle, so I can't be sure.

Anyway. It worked well. Had to rub a bit to get the ink off, but with a little patients it rubbed off without leaving any residue. Now the only defect in the glass is a small scratch. (which may well be why there was ink markings there. Probably a production flaw and the reason I got the digitizer cheap on ebay. Anyway it won't bother me much. Certainly not enough to replace the glass again.

Sorry I didn't see the post earlier. The dig's surface is treated with some chemicals that makes it hard for inks to stick. I've tried permanent markings on it, but hydrogen peroxide would dissolve it completely. Plus HP leaves no residue. I've had the misfortune of being advised to use white vinegar on it, and surely enough, it removed the chemical coating, which does not really affect the touch function, except it makes the screen looks mangy. Hope some will learn from this.
The Following User Says Thank You to graphdarnell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread