Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 48,349 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Easy Tool] For developers and rom cokers

Tip us?

munjeni
Old
(Last edited by munjeni; 27th February 2014 at 02:26 PM.)
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 15777
Default [Easy Tool] For developers and rom cokers

Hi, here is tool for making flashable zip in few commands! No need root! In few commands your rom is ready for sharing or flashing with CMW ! You can dump any rom! NOTE: all your rom changes which is in your phone will be included in rom.zip (for example busybox, su...etc)! Tool will be usefull for dumping next Sony stock rom, but allso all rom is supported! Enjoy!

For no rooted devices:
  • adb push romgen /data/local/tmp/
  • adb shell
  • cd /data/local/tmp
  • chmod 755 romgen
  • ./romgen C6903 honami /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/byname/userdata /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/cache /dev/null /storage/removable/sdcard1/rom.zip
/dev/null must be used as a boot partition since no rooted devices have no access to these device!

For rooted devices:
  • adb push romgen /data/local/tmp/
  • adb shell
  • su
  • cd /data/local/tmp
  • chmod 755 romgen
  • ./romgen C6903 honami /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/byname/userdata /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/cache /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot /storage/removable/sdcard1/rom.zip

Download tool:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2533585
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to munjeni For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nelikp
Old
Thanks Meter 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by munjeni View Post
Hi, here is tool for making flashable zip
is it stable already?
I mean the Meta-INF generated completely?
thanks gonna try this if the tool complete

munjeni
Old
(Last edited by munjeni; 27th February 2014 at 01:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 15777
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelikp View Post
is it stable already?
I mean the Meta-INF generated completely?
thanks gonna try this if the tool complete
Yesterday I noticed bug There is bug when folder is empty or when symlink is inside folder but there no other files! So when tool generate zip these folder is missing in zip but updater-script have line "set perm to folder" which not exist, so installation aborting because a missing folder Will try to solve them soon! Do not flash generated zip since you will get boot loop (you can only if you add missing folders to zip)! I will make new version soon, hope clean!
The Following User Says Thank You to munjeni For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

munjeni
Old
Thanks Meter 15777
New version is out! Hope all bugs solved! Bug is solved by creating empty file .placeholder to all existing folders so zip for sure now have all mised folders, than placeholders is auto removed at finish of the installation

I am hope eerything is right now, but I will test and let you know if generated zip is installable with sucess!
The Following User Says Thank You to munjeni For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

munjeni
Old
Thanks Meter 15777
New working version finaly, sorry! Now I tested tool and found another 2 bugs, first one was "zip fail to store file which contain special characters like *()...etc", and seccond one was wrong format of the permssions in updater-scrip. Now all things is solved, I have tested tool, tried to install generated zip, installed zip, and bum. Everything is ok now, enjoy!

funky0308
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4928

DONATE TO ME
Hi mate...nice to see you here

If I'm correct, you have some great work and kernels in your biography

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to funky0308 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

munjeni
Old
(Last edited by munjeni; 28th February 2014 at 07:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 15777
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308 View Post
Hi mate...nice to see you here

If I'm correct, you have some great work and kernels in your biography

No space left in my signature One oftopic question, anyone have info when Sony will anounce 4.4.2 ?

funky0308
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4928

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
No space left in my signature One oftopic question, anyone have info when Sony will anounce 4.4.2 ?
Yeah...I'm using Tapatalk so can't see...but, as I said, I know who you are and we will be very happy if you join Z1 development :thumbup:

It should be out (most likely) in a first few days on april (let just hope it won't be first April and we.won't be April's fools )

Some of Z2 apk files are already out and if that guy who already post few things managed to post Z2 system dump - we could have something even earlier

munjeni
Old
(Last edited by munjeni; 28th February 2014 at 10:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 15777
I am allready in development on Z1 Compact but curently I have problem in semc_colorizable (going to start working in MIUI), so first of all I need to solve all things related to the recompiling framework-res and full removal of the semc_generic_uxp... by now have no luck Did you have luck on framework-res on Z1 using apktool ? I have managed to recompile/compile them by now, but boot loop on colorizable things since my modificaions on framework / framework-res is not complete .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to munjeni For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DarkFalcon
Old
(Last edited by DarkFalcon; 5th April 2014 at 01:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 648
Quote:
I am allready in development on Z1 Compact but curently I have problem in semc_colorizable (going to start working in MIUI), so first of all I need to solve all things related to the recompiling framework-res and full removal of the semc_generic_uxp... by now have no luck Did you have luck on framework-res on Z1 using apktool ? I have managed to recompile/compile them by now, but boot loop on colorizable things since my modificaions on framework / framework-res is not complete .
@munjeni bro, you can try out the Advanced APKtool by @BDFreak bro for the framework-res issues. It's compatible with z1 Compact.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639400
"The more you explain it, the more I don't understand it"
-Mark Twain

My Device:

Sony Xperia Sola {pepper}

Stock JB 4.1

Modified Munjeni's JB Kernel