Flag Tacoma
Thanks Meter: 31

174 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatnesstx

Ok You totally can revert back to version VS9810

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I need to revert back to VS98010a or b for Freegee to work? Id I am on 11a the I would have to do the ADB push?
18th March 2014, 05:29 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 93

158 posts
There are plenty of Roms out there that have rooted stock 12b if you want to be on the latest ota

---------- Post added at 04:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

To be honest once I get a phone I never take an ota, but I know for a fact you can root and use freegee on either or 10a or 10b

The Following User Says Thank You to greatnesstx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th March 2014, 05:42 AM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tacoma
Thanks Meter: 31

174 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatnesstx

There are plenty of Roms out there that have rooted stock 12b if you want to be on the latest ota

---------- Post added at 04:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

To be honest once I get a phone I never take an ota, but I know for a fact you can root and use freegee on either or 10a or 10b

I would love to get to MicroMod's stock 12b rom for her... but I can't get a custom recovery on this darn thing... I normally avoid OTA's as well. but I was hoping that would fix my recovery problem...
It sounds like the TOT flash fixed it though (i just didn't realize it at that point). I thought the little android on his back was a bad thing... but if that is just what happens with the stock recovery, then I was OK and didn't know it. I appreciate your help and input!
I'll see if she is happy the way it is or not... right now it is just stock Rom; rooted. maybe that is good enough for her. It just bugs me I couldn't get it to install the way I wanted.
18th March 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 4

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluna00

I would love to get to MicroMod's stock 12b rom for her... but I can't get a custom recovery on this darn thing... I normally avoid OTA's as well. but I was hoping that would fix my recovery problem...
It sounds like the TOT flash fixed it though (i just didn't realize it at that point). I thought the little android on his back was a bad thing... but if that is just what happens with the stock recovery, then I was OK and didn't know it. I appreciate your help and input!
I'll see if she is happy the way it is or not... right now it is just stock Rom; rooted. maybe that is good enough for her. It just bugs me I couldn't get it to install the way I wanted.

Original stock is the 10A; that's what mine was when i first got it. there were a couple of OTA's after that, i think that's the 11-12 variants. So, i'd try with the 10 stock rom first; then reroot, add twrp/CM recovery.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread