XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MultiRom port by oblikas for all G2 variants

Tip us?

fsi09
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default MultiRom port by oblikas for all G2 variants

oblikas can port MultiRom to our G2 for all variants. With MultiRom you can use many roms at the same time, just reboot to switch between them.

You can check the S4 or One thread for more details:
http://goo.gl/jhykyC
http://goo.gl/vvKQkP

Also here is a video to see MultiRom in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHhj...e_gdata_player

If you want to see MultiRom, oblikas needs the G2, so let's help me to donate him.

This is his paypal email : djdre2006@gmail.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fsi09 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

souleman
Old
Thanks Meter 148
MultiRom is open source. Would be nice to have someone that's already messed with the source code, but at the same time, any dev could build it. Just need one that knows what needs to be changed for the specific device.

and with all the differences in the G2, I don't think 1 port would work on all devices. There are to many hardware differences He could use one as a starting oint, but would still need multiple versions. Just like each model needs it's own recovery.

garywojdan81
Old
Thanks Meter 425
This sounds exactly like the safestrap recovery we had for the razr. Very useful.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

cjn007
Old
Thanks Meter 5
This sounds great. I loved safestrap on my old Moto Razr

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app

OptimusRs
Old
(Last edited by OptimusRs; 19th March 2014 at 03:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2471
Delete This
The Following User Says Thank You to OptimusRs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pontusl
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Nice! Post the results =) Hope you can do it.

blazewit
Old
Thanks Meter 101

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by souleman View Post
MultiRom is open source. Would be nice to have someone that's already messed with the source code, but at the same time, any dev could build it. Just need one that knows what needs to be changed for the specific device.

and with all the differences in the G2, I don't think 1 port would work on all devices. There are to many hardware differences He could use one as a starting oint, but would still need multiple versions. Just like each model needs it's own recovery.
actually there are no pertinent hardware differences between g2s aside from an extra mic on att (korean versions aside) they all use the same mainboard. the only reason why they have to make all the differentversions is loki. and a few software differences made by carriers. even the radios are included on die in the snapdragon 800 its just what bands are enabled.
the definition of open: “mkdir android ; cd android ; repo init -u git:// android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git ; repo sync ; make" .....gangsta mike drop...

deta312
Old
Thanks Meter 1
no progress?

taronhov
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default MutiROM port for Lg G2

Dear OptimusRS,

Do you have any success with porting MultiROM to LG G2 device?
That would be great to have MultiROM feature! I have it on my Nexus 7(flo) and it is amazing!
It makes much easier testing and usage of different ROM-s.

Thanks!