I need help i want to try going back to jellybean from kitkat?

Search This thread

madi05

Nov 21, 2013
Hi, as many should have read my other thread , i sent my htc one off to htc in texas for the camera replacement and loose micro usb and it came back with 4.4 kitkat and 1.56 , so everything works great but i cant send pics via messaging , mms i guess it is called but i can text words fine and emails and socail networks are fine sending pics

im a noob , but this phone has taught me how to unlock the phone and get root access but none of that stuff has helped me ,, so i would like to go back to the way my phone was before i sent it back with jellybean i cant remember if it was 4.3 or 4.2.2 but i dont care at this point i send pics via mms to many customers and family members and this phone is no good now

PLEASE HELP ME AND PLEASE NO I DONT KNOW THE LINGO SO IF U COULD GIVE ME STRAIGHT ON INSTRUCTIONS LIKE WONDER HOW TO DID ON ROOT AND UNLOCK I THINK I CAN DO IT ;)

THANKS IN ADVANCE

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
Hi, as many should have read my other thread , i sent my htc one off to htc in texas for the camera replacement and loose micro usb and it came back with 4.4 kitkat and 1.56 , so everything works great but i cant send pics via messaging , mms i guess it is called but i can text words fine and emails and socail networks are fine sending pics

im a noob , but this phone has taught me how to unlock the phone and get root access but none of that stuff has helped me ,, so i would like to go back to the way my phone was before i sent it back with jellybean i cant remember if it was 4.3 or 4.2.2 but i dont care at this point i send pics via mms to many customers and family members and this phone is no good now

PLEASE HELP ME AND PLEASE NO I DONT KNOW THE LINGO SO IF U COULD GIVE ME STRAIGHT ON INSTRUCTIONS LIKE WONDER HOW TO DID ON ROOT AND UNLOCK I THINK I CAN DO IT ;)

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Unlock the bootloader, root the phone and flash Android Revolution HD 31.6. Its based on Android 4.3, so that should solve your MMS issue. Here's the link:
http://android-revolution-hd.blogspot.ae/p/android-revolution-hd-mirror-site-var.html

Make sure that u install 31.6, not 52 coz 52 is KitKat based

madi05

Nov 21, 2013
Unlock the bootloader, root the phone and flash Android Revolution HD 31.6. Its based on Android 4.3, so that should solve your MMS issue. Here's the link:
http://android-revolution-hd.blogspot.ae/p/android-revolution-hd-mirror-site-var.html

Make sure that u install 31.6, not 52 coz 52 is KitKat based

Hi, thanks for this but one question i already have unlocked and rooted so how to flash , i just downloaded the file well its downloading , what do i do after it downloads on my windows 7 computer ? just plug my phone up ? i have usb debug checked in deve. options and i have fastboot unchecked , sry im a noob and i really appreciate your help

thanks

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
Hi, thanks for this but one question i already have unlocked and rooted so how to flash , i just downloaded the file well its downloading , what do i do after it downloads on my windows 7 computer ? just plug my phone up ? i have usb debug checked in deve. options and i have fastboot unchecked , sry im a noob and i really appreciate your help

thanks

I trust you have TWRP recovery since you're rooted. So after the rom downloads on your PC, copy it to the internal storage of ur One. The phone must be booted into the OS, fastboot isnt required for this process. So, once the zip is copied to the Internal Storage, go into TWRP. Wipe all the partitions EXCEPT THE INTERNAL STORAGE. Then, choose install and choose your zip. There is an automatic Aroma Installer, which makes the process easy. Just do what it asks u to. Make sure that u choose the option to wipe data in the Aroma as well

Reactions: madi05

madi05

Nov 21, 2013
this worked , it is a flaw in 4.4.2 kit kat with sense 5.5 upgrade using ss att sim card with the att.mvno apn codes ,, do this and all will be good again , thanks so much raghav kapur

madi05

Nov 21, 2013
Well my speed says H instead of 4 g now but it's not really that noticeable but on games and speed test so i stupidly thought maybe it was htc version of kitkat and i tried the one u had posted above since it was easy enough with the 4.3 version i decided to try the 53 4.4 version of it and when i got to the part to choose att all it had this time was htc one international and all others so i hit next and install and now my phone stays at the white screen with htc logo and will not load up but it said it was a successful ,, so now i get it back to recovery and now it will go to cwm briefly and then blank screen and back to the logo screen and nothign everytime ,, what am i doing wrong please and what do i do to fix this ,, im so stupid smh also it will not sync to my computer either

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

thanks

I trust you have TWRP recovery since you're rooted. So after the rom downloads on your PC, copy it to the internal storage of ur One. The phone must be booted into the OS, fastboot isnt required for this process. So, once the zip is copied to the Internal Storage, go into TWRP. Wipe all the partitions EXCEPT THE INTERNAL STORAGE. Then, choose install and choose your zip. There is an automatic Aroma Installer, which makes the process easy. Just do what it asks u to. Make sure that u choose the option to wipe data in the Aroma as well