5,596,128 Members 34,185 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] how to unbrick use by QHSUSB_bulk?

Tip us?

cjdfyd2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] how to unbrick use by QHSUSB_bulk?

Hi everyone my kindle hdx7 is bricked several day ago.
First my kindle is shown stuck on grey kindle fire logo connect normal data cable
So i decide connect factory cable however, my kindle is shown black screen.
Nothing any logo but my laptop recognized Qhsusb_bulk.
I read gssole and follow his step but my kindle still brick anyone solve this problem?
Hehelp.me plz

ferrouskid
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Thumbs up Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdfyd2 View Post
First my kindle is shown stuck on grey kindle fire logo connect normal data cable
I read gssole and follow his step but my kindle still brick anyone solve this problem?
Hehelp.me plz
Hi
I have the same problem, and I am in exactly the same situation as you, having got the factory cable from Amazon just today. unlike the other kindles, it doesn't appear with the yellow triangle, but its a big step since your PC recognises the kindle. Now all you really need is a unbrick utlity, but I haven't found one yet, I'll write to you as soon as i sort something out with my kindle so you can do exact same thing on yours.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2553474

ferrouskid
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrouskid View Post
Hi
I have the same problem, and I am in exactly the same situation as you, having got the factory cable from Amazon just today. unlike the other kindles, it doesn't appear with the yellow triangle, but its a big step since your PC recognises the kindle. Now all you really need is a unbrick utlity, but I haven't found one yet, I'll write to you as soon as i sort something out with my kindle so you can do exact same thing on yours.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2553474
Hello
Can you get fastboot ultility to recognise your kindle? If it can,you can do a factory reset, by putting in the following command.
"fastboot -w -i 0x1949".

This is thanks to r3pawn.

Lets hope we goet somewhere.

GSLEON3
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1140

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdfyd2 View Post
Hehelp.me plz
Hard to say anything since there is no magic fix. Fixes are based on what you broke & your post gives no indication of what you did when you "bricked" it. Until I know what you did, I can not tell you what may, or may not, work.
Ingress Resistance - Rainbow6

Click HERE to buy me a cheeseburger if I helped you! Or even better, find a charity or local family fighting childhood cancer & help out however you can!

A brief & incomplete timeline of my love affair with mobile technology:

noobkidsontheblock
Old
(Last edited by noobkidsontheblock; 18th March 2014 at 03:36 PM.) Reason: update
Thanks Meter 0
Storage Similar situation

Although I had Safe Strap, SU and etc. installed on my rooted HDX 7", I panicked when my firewall failed to block the 13.3.2.1 update and cut the power off in mid update. Unfortunate reflex that led to a soft brick. Although I now can get into Fastboot no problem (I can't access the ADB commands though), I have tried to flash recoveries, boot images and so on. I can erase data (I'd call myself an expert at this part of the rooting process) and arrange file system layouts but then can't get past this error:

FAIL: flashing not allowed for locked hw.

Anyone know how to, maybe change permissions on the hardware or whatnot to get the device to let me write to the system partition? I'm flashing from a iMac btw.

I mean the Christmas colors of the text as far as what worked and what didn't are fun to look at, but the actual loading of the Kindle OS might provide more long term visual excitement. Thanks and love all y'all's insights into navigating the treacherous waters of root access and tweaking the twerkinator in these here twandroids.

----
EDIT: I can use the ./adb commands but I was having trouble before with the period-less version. Was still getting no device to show up when I query adb but got this through fastboot:

fastboot -i 0x1949 devices -l
(serial number) fast boot usb:FA130000

Redaction is mine ...