Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

[Q] [SOLVED] updating default apps

OP muhammad.uzi1994

18th March 2014, 09:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32

305 posts
More
hey all, i have a query, last week i ran an RUU 1.29.707.4 on my phone and it installed some default apps on my phone like 7Digital , now i understand that these default apps are necessary for applying OTA updates as OTA checks md5 sum of these default apps. but today, i checked PlayStore and there was an update available for the 7Digital app so i went ahead and updated it. My question is this : can this updated 7Digital app affect OTAs by failing the md5 checksum or does the md5 remain the same even after updating the app? i just updated the app via playstore, didnt rename, remove or move it. Thanks in advance
18th March 2014, 09:55 AM   |  #2  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 312

1,427 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muhammad.uzi1994

hey all, i have a query, last week i ran an RUU 1.29.707.4 on my phone and it installed some default apps on my phone like 7Digital , now i understand that these default apps are necessary for applying OTA updates as OTA checks md5 sum of these default apps. but today, i checked PlayStore and there was an update available for the 7Digital app so i went ahead and updated it. My question is this : can this updated 7Digital app affect OTAs by failing the md5 checksum or does the md5 remain the same even after updating the app? i just updated the app via playstore, didnt rename, remove or move it. Thanks in advance

updating apps won't stop OTA. you can even add some apps if you like too.
The Following User Says Thank You to cr1960 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th March 2014, 09:57 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

305 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1960

updating apps won't stop OTA. you can even add some apps if you like too.

ok, thanks, so it means i can update default apps that came with the RUU via playstore, it wont affect OTAs?
18th March 2014, 10:21 AM   |  #4  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 312

1,427 posts
More
Quote:

ok, thanks, so it means i can update default apps that came with the RUU via playstore, it wont affect OTAs?

correct
The Following User Says Thank You to cr1960 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th March 2014, 12:01 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 3,019

6,103 posts
More
Quote:

and please next time, make up your mind if you want to PM who knows how many people OR open a thread at the same time, double posting is really not recommended
18th March 2014, 12:05 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

305 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

and please next time, make up your mind if you want to PM who knows how many people OR open a thread at the same time, double posting is really not recommended

ok
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread