FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

[Q] My defy after use 'Swapper2' cannot boot

50 posts
Thanks Meter: 9
 
By ming548673, Member on 16th March 2014, 09:03 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
My defy after use 'Swapper2' cannot boot

When I connect USB,PC no tips。And my defy LED no light

What can I do?
 
 
16th March 2014, 09:17 AM |#2  
Lim Wee Huat's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Johor Bahru
Thanks Meter: 278
 
More
If you have gone through the comments posted for swapper2 in Google Play, you should have known that you should stay away from it. Guess thatís bad luck. Send it to a service centre then.
16th March 2014, 10:14 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lim Wee Huat

If you have gone through the comments posted for swapper2 in Google Play, you should have known that you should stay away from it. Guess thatís bad luck. Send it to a service centre then.

How can I do??

My defy cannot boot。
17th March 2014, 01:22 AM |#4  
Member
Flag Sydney, Australia
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ming548673

My defy cannot boot

If you're running on a stock ROM, looks like you're headed for SBF land. This can be fixed yourself for free with a little bit of patience, a lot of reading, and a handy PC.

You can get ahold of the SBF files here, and read through this entire post to familiarise yourself with the process. Links to the required software and drivers are located in the post.
17th March 2014, 09:23 AM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andycore

If you're looks like you're headed for SBF land. This can be fixed yourself for free with a little bit of patience, a lot of reading, and a handy PC.

You can get ahold of the SBF files here, and read through this entire post to familiarise yourself with the process. Links to the required software and drivers are located in the post.

Well,My Defy cannot boot ,when I connect USB,my defy LED is light white.But PC cannot discern my device.RSD cannot discern too,RSD cannot discern How to running a stock ROM?
17th March 2014, 11:01 PM |#6  
Member
Flag Sydney, Australia
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ming548673

Well,My Defy cannot boot ,when I connect USB,my defy LED is light white.But PC cannot discern my device.RSD cannot discern too,RSD cannot discern How to running a stock ROM?

RSDLite requires the device to be in bootloader mode, not just turned on normally. Swapper2 would have just stuffed up your Android install, not the entire phone.

To get the phone into bootloader mode, make sure the device is completely turned off, then hold the volume up button while you press the power button. The phone will boot to a black screen with white writing, this is bootloader mode, and signifies the device is ready to be used with RSDLite.

Once you're in bootloader mode and connected to your PC, RSDLite will detect the phone properly and you'll be ready to flash the SBF file.
18th March 2014, 09:21 AM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andycore

RSDLite requires the device to be in bootloader mode, not just turned on normally. Swapper2 would have just stuffed up your Android install, not the entire phone.

To get the phone into bootloader mode, make sure the device is completely turned off, then hold the volume up button while you press the power button. The phone will boot to a black screen with white writing, this is bootloader mode, and signifies the device is ready to be used with RSDLite.

Once you're in bootloader mode and connected to your PC, RSDLite will detect the phone properly and you'll be ready to flash the SBF file.

But I hold the volume up button and the power button.My phone no reaction.My phone cannot enter the Bootloader mode.So RSD Lite cannot deftect my phone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes