[ROM][PORT][mb886] SlimKat v5.10 [4.4.4] [06/26/2014]

Search This thread

jac9792

Sep 12, 2009
Tried that and it didnt work. Got the latest philz and used the restore root option. Happy to say my helium backup is restoring and everything is going smooth now. Thanks again for all the help. :D

jac9792

Sep 12, 2009
Benchmark with arrrghhh's kernel ocd at 1.998 GHz on performance governor with everything else stock to the rom,

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-13-14-35-48.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-13-14-35-48.png
    114.3 KB · Views: 138

treefrog20012003

Jan 21, 2011
Wooster
Google Pixel 3a XL
Odd, I flashed the newest version and it comes up in chinese and the keyboard does not work. I flashed it twice to be sure. Guess I'll try and download it again maybe try a different Gapps package as well.

Edit: If I can't get it to work do you still have the old one? Didn't keep a copy of the last one with so many to choose from, you know crack flashers, we don't always think ahead.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

So I downloaded it again using the larger gapps package. Keyboard is back but it comes with root explorer built in and it's in Chinese. Not a good thing at all. I found a free root explorer to get rid of it and downloaded my paid version.

Sent from my Atrix HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

TTLayland

Jan 10, 2013
Orlando
Just jumping In to say that it's great seeing development still going on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

treefrog20012003

Jan 21, 2011
Wooster
Google Pixel 3a XL
I was playing around and found I cannot get the cpu frequency to lock to a specific setting. It keeps ramping to max even when set with an app at a lower setting.

edekalil

Sep 16, 2011
At first when I installed it the keyboard did not work, but after installing with the larger gapps it works as stated in an earlier post I read.

Sent from my AT100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

treefrog20012003

Jan 21, 2011
Wooster
Google Pixel 3a XL
At first when I installed it the keyboard did not work, but after installing with the larger gapps it works as stated in an earlier post I read.

Sent from my AT100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yea not sure why that is but that was my experience, I switched to no frills cpu and now I can set the cpu frequency lock. Using a different kernel rocks this though.

TecknoFreak

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Odd, I flashed the newest version and it comes up in chinese and the keyboard does not work. I flashed it twice to be sure. Guess I'll try and download it again maybe try a different Gapps package as well.

Edit: If I can't get it to work do you still have the old one? Didn't keep a copy of the last one with so many to choose from, you know crack flashers, we don't always think ahead.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

So I downloaded it again using the larger gapps package. Keyboard is back but it comes with root explorer built in and it's in Chinese. Not a good thing at all. I found a free root explorer to get rid of it and downloaded my paid version.

I will take a look.

EDIT;
Sorry guys I made a mistake uploading my personal upload.
Fixed few things and also OP is Updated

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: treefrog20012003

bylithium

Dec 27, 2013
Love this ROM, although I have a problem; superuser doesn't seem to work, im trying to use a root file manager but when I try to put a file in the system folder, pop up doesn't show up to allow file manager...

treefrog20012003

Jan 21, 2011
Wooster
Google Pixel 3a XL
The fixed update is a lot better thank you. The only issue I have is that I cannot lock the cpu to a specific frequency no matter what app I use. If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Last edited:

treefrog20012003

Jan 21, 2011
Wooster
Google Pixel 3a XL
I did but there seems to be a real liking to the arrrghhh's kernel so I flashed it. Just looking into the best combo I can get for this device. I did give it a go for a while but it seems that arrrghhh's has an issue sticking to a profile even when using cpu controllers. I purchased setcpu a long time ago but it won't hold a profile, I tried about 4 free ones out of the market looking for one that would work and the only one so far that seems to hold is CPU Adjuster. i should learn to build a kernel or mod arrrghhh's to limit the cpu to 1.5 Ghz. I am not a big overclocking fan as it generates a lot of heat playing games and drains the battery on certain apps. I like the slim port though it remids me of Pete's work back on the OG Droid. If you keep porting this I'll keep flashing it. Maybe one day I'll get off my butt and make a rom. Keep up the good work!

Edit: I'll wipe and flash back to stock and see what happens as I am getting some lag out of the newest build with the arrrghhh's kernel. Will report back tomorrow if it works better stock than with the other kernel. I tried the pure performancex with the last few builds but does not seem to be compatible now or my device does not like it, another you'll have that situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: TecknoFreak

treefrog20012003

Jan 21, 2011
Wooster
Google Pixel 3a XL
Been running a reflash of stock only with minimal gapps for 12 hours. Lag gone, CPU won't hold a frequency with setcpu so I set up a profile at 100% priority for 1.5 GHz Max. Will run this the rest of the day to see what happens.

Reactions: TecknoFreak

treefrog20012003

Jan 21, 2011
Wooster
Google Pixel 3a XL
Cool bro, have you tried trickster?

No I have not tried trickster in a long time, setcpu was the norm on the OGDroid. I finally got it to set and hold a frequency. Working pretty good, mild lag no heat in games and even holds after a reboot. I'll check out trickster and report back, I do wish performancex worked though. I don't think it's been updated recently. It really made the difference on the galaxy nexus (Verizon).

treefrog20012003

Jan 21, 2011
Wooster
Google Pixel 3a XL
Ran trickster for a while it works as well and initially had more options but after a while the Governor controls went away just like set cpu. I'm not really sure what is going on but I cannot "fine tune" the Governor the way I want to. It could just be that Kit Kat is still too new for the cpu controllers to have the necessary options made compatible. SlimKat uses the arrrghhh's kernel, for what I read, so flashing that is not much of a change except that I would have a newer build. PureperformanceX (insert version here) so far is not compatible and may have messed up the rom, I made a nandroid this time, so I'm going to resto it and see what else may work.
Edit: uninstalled trickster and reinstalled controls are back. Fine tuning now to get best performance. I may just have to donate to get best controls, it's always worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: yyfvteuemfw

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Download - Download the rom.

Gapps and Addons - Download the gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.
    I've been thinking about the unified build.prop issue as well. So far the best solution I've come up with is a zip originally designed to be flashed to modify build.prop values; it shouldn't be that hard to modify it to be integrated with the current unified sources to update the build.prop with device specific values near the end of the updater script.

That's # 3 on my list, after PAC's telephony msim issues (currently in progress) and testing our various modems (tomorrow or tonight if msim gets done).
    I haven't flashed this update yet so I don't know how to fix the loss of root (reflash su binaries?) but I've fixed the download link for computers.

I removed the "%20" in the url (which indicates an erroneous space that translates as %20)

Here's the link to the Slim weekly:

https://www.mediafire.com/?n61492a21619upm/SlimKat
    Things to know and Troubleshooting

Having Problems with Superuser?
    Super user is hidden in settings, developer options. Have to turn it on.

How to close Recent apps from the new resents style?
    opethehowdyman said:
    In response to the "clear all recent apps button". I saw this in a YouTube video. While in recent apps, from top of screen with one finger and bottom of screen with thumb, pinch together and all recent apps will close. I hope this will help.
    http://youtu.be/166MLgzcqnw. At 1:50 in the video he describes closing all recent apps.
    OP updated with the newest weekly guys.
    Report any bugs or problems if see any.

Working on getting Official Support!!!!!!! :fingers-crossed:

Enjoy!!!!!!