5,604,686 Members 34,801 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][1/27/14] - Stock Rooted Knoxless - VRUCML1 - Android 4.3 - Stay Classy XDA!

Tip us?

n3wt
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark68 View Post
I think what he is referring to is what invisiblek wrote in the OP of the firmware thread. That being if you are not already on the MF1 firmware and want to run the ML1 modem, invisiblek recommended you flash the MF1 firmware (AIO) and then flash the ML1 modem for best results.
yep, didn't mean to single anyone out...just been seeing this in a lot threads lately.

jfourman
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Gets stuck on reboot and successful install

I cannot get this to work. It is so frustrating to me since it seems to work so well for everyone else.

3 times now I have installed this ROM after wiping cache, system and formatting data. Each time, my S3 successfully boots the new ROM and I am able to confirm success by the versions, etc in Settings > About. Google successfully reinstalls my apps and I am go-to-go ....Until I try to restart the phone a second time. The restart gets stuck on the "Samsung Galaxy SIII" screen (I have left it in this "frozen" state for 30 min. with no joy).

My Recovery is TWRP v2.7.0.0. I did not take the 4.3 OTA. My previous ROM was old&slow's "VRUCML1_Stock_Root_Deodex_Aroma(02.17.14)"

If I boot Recovery, wipe everything and reinstall the ROM, everything will be fine...Until I reboot the phone a second time and it freezes on the logo again.

I expect that someone is reading this and chuckling at something obvious that I missed or don't understand. Your help is very welcome.

MIKEYSAKZ
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfourman View Post
I cannot get this to work. It is so frustrating to me since it seems to work so well for everyone else.

3 times now I have installed this ROM after wiping cache, system and formatting data. Each time, my S3 successfully boots the new ROM and I am able to confirm success by the versions, etc in Settings > About. Google successfully reinstalls my apps and I am go-to-go ....Until I try to restart the phone a second time. The restart gets stuck on the "Samsung Galaxy SIII" screen (I have left it in this "frozen" state for 30 min. with no joy).

My Recovery is TWRP v2.7.0.0. I did not take the 4.3 OTA. My previous ROM was old&slow's "VRUCML1_Stock_Root_Deodex_Aroma(02.17.14)"

If I boot Recovery, wipe everything and reinstall the ROM, everything will be fine...Until I reboot the phone a second time and it freezes on the logo again.

I expect that someone is reading this and chuckling at something obvious that I missed or don't understand. Your help is very welcome.

Just out of curiosity cause I know the new version recovery is having issues that I personally experienced being an unlocked 4.1.2 phone try downgrading your recovery to 2.6.3.1 again and just try rule out the recovery giving any errors not sure why it would but at least you can cross it off your list of possibilities

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

jfourman
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks MickeySakz great suggestion. However, my first 2 attempts were with TWRP 2.6.3.1. I upgraded to 2.7.0.0 before trying my 3rd restart freeze.

But...this is weird. I decided that this time I would reboot the phone as soon as I had entered the initial setup information and the Google App re-installs started....drum roll...rrrrrrrrrr....the phone restarted. It has restarted twice now. The problem must be with one of the apps. I use Nova Launcher. Has anyone had any problems with 4.3 and Nova Launcher? I am going to install Nova Launcher last and see if that is the problem. I'll report back when I figure out which app causes the problem. It is likely going to be a very long and painful troubleshooting process. I believe it will be worth it because when this ROM is working...it's butta!

jfourman
Old
Thanks Meter 2
All seems good now. This time I rebooted immediately after Google began re-installing apps and kept rebooting every 10 minutes or so as apps were added. I then installed Nova Launcher and restored my NV backup. All is good now. I have no idea what caused me to waste 8 hours yesterday screwing with this.

MIKEYSAKZ
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfourman View Post
All seems good now. This time I rebooted immediately after Google began re-installing apps and kept rebooting every 10 minutes or so as apps were added. I then installed Nova Launcher and restored my NV backup. All is good now. I have no idea what caused me to waste 8 hours yesterday screwing with this.
You may have allowed google to restore your account and between the rom settling and google pushing tons of apps it got stuck you should always stay away from google restoring your account. And wait 10 minutes then just go to play store and download the apps yourself

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app