Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,563 Members 44,732 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Keep S3 or upgrade to S4?

Tip us?

putney1477
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Default Keep S3 or upgrade to S4?

Hi all, I don't know if I am asking this in the right forum? I have had the S3 for a while now and I love it!

Recently I was told by a Verizon rep that I could trade in an activated phone and get the new EDGE program for $10.50 a month, instead of the reg price of $21 a month. I have a Fascinate phone that I could activate and use instead of my S3. I think all I have to do is swap the fascinate and the S3 and that would work.

My question to you guys, is it worth it? My contract is not up until Nov 23 of this year, but if I trade in an activated phone, I could upgrade now.
Is the S4 too locked down? Right now I am running CR Core and I do not have the Knox security on my phone.

Thanks for your advice.

Heather

ericerk
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by putney1477 View Post
Hi all, I don't know if I am asking this in the right forum? I have had the S3 for a while now and I love it!

Recently I was told by a Verizon rep that I could trade in an activated phone and get the new EDGE program for $10.50 a month, instead of the reg price of $21 a month. I have a Fascinate phone that I could activate and use instead of my S3. I think all I have to do is swap the fascinate and the S3 and that would work.

My question to you guys, is it worth it? My contract is not up until Nov 23 of this year, but if I trade in an activated phone, I could upgrade now.
Is the S4 too locked down? Right now I am running CR Core and I do not have the Knox security on my phone.

Thanks for your advice.

Heather
Get a moto device... Sammy is starting to suck. I'd trade my S4 for anything else...
Click Here!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ericerk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gnubian
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by putney1477 View Post

Thanks for your advice.

Heather

Did you really just ask if the s4 was locked down? Please do some research. And to answer your question, no. Don't get an s4 if you want to run custom roms.
If I helped you, thank me. If not, spank me.

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13646
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2406733 go here please
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?
The Following User Says Thank You to Naddict For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe