Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Youtube issue under Cyanogenmod 11

OP AidanBell

18th March 2014, 01:19 PM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,576

2,734 posts
Process is very simple. Download ROM. Download gapps of your preference though I suggest banks core. Reboot to recovery. Wipe dalvik/cache only. Flash rom followed by gapps. Reboot.

Sent from my GT_I9205 using Tapatalk
18th March 2014, 01:27 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

258 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silesh.Nair

Process is very simple. Download ROM. Download gapps of your preference though I suggest banks core. Reboot to recovery. Wipe dalvik/cache only. Flash rom followed by gapps. Reboot.

Sent from my GT_I9205 using Tapatalk

Thanks again, but I have to remind you that although I'm computer literate I'm completely new to flashing phones. I have no idea what "gapps" are, so how will I know which I prefer?! And "Banks core" is Greek to me, I'm afraid!
And surely if I "Flash ROM followed by gapps", that entails then re-loading all my apps and data again, which I really don't want to have to do?
I'll leave it for now, but I'm grateful for your help nevertheless. Cheers.
18th March 2014, 01:36 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,576

2,734 posts
That's ok, but trust me when I say that you will not lose any data.

Gapps is Google Apps. Banks core is a gapps pack made by an xda user BaNkS. You will find it here. I like to flash just the core package which contains only Google playstore & Google play services. All other google apps i need, I download from play store.

This is just for your info...
18th March 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

258 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silesh.Nair

That's ok, but trust me when I say that you will not lose any data.

Gapps is Google Apps. Banks core is a gapps pack made by an xda user BaNkS. You will find it here. I like to flash just the core package which contains only Google playstore & Google play services. All other google apps i need, I download from play store.

This is just for your info...

Thanks again. I'm certainly interested to learn all of this. I just don't want to learn by messing up all my settings, or worse still bricking my phone, in the process, that's all!
So what exactly IS the dalvik/cache? Are you saying that I could boot into recovery, wipe the dalvik/cache and then come out again, and my setup, data, settings, etc would all still be fine? In which case, would it be a good idea for me to do that? What does wiping the dalvik/cache achieve?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread