Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,168 Members 51,354 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

i9000 + CM11 = smooth?

Tip us?

Taranis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82

DONATE TO ME
Question i9000 + CM11 = smooth?

Hi guys,

It's very simple question. I want to buy again i9000 (for my gf, uses Xperia J currently) and my question is: does it work well and smooth?

I have checked some videos, but I would like to know your thoughts as videos are not reliable.

Thanks!

Need help with translation? I can help with Polish language.

Barbosanna
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Yes it is .Not only cm11 , almost all kitkat roms are smooth. The only problem,for me at least, is the battery and the incoming call lag...2 sec delay.

aironmail
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Two weeks ago it wasn't smooth enough for me while using some apps. But now it's really fast. But do not use the latest nightlies as there is a bug with vídeo playback, which is broken.

nemanja96
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
Hi guys,

It's very simple question. I want to buy again i9000 (for my gf, uses Xperia J currently) and my question is: does it work well and smooth?

I have checked some videos, but I would like to know your thoughts as videos are not reliable.

Thanks!
I think that SGS 2 is so much better choice.It is really faster with 2 cores processor,really better camera,good cpu and ram.
And it is not to expensive.

DerRomtester
Old
Thanks Meter 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemanja96 View Post
I think that SGS 2 is so much better choice.It is really faster with 2 cores processor,really better camera,good cpu and ram.
And it is not to expensive.
I would not buy s1 you should upgrade and buy the cheap moto g or x dont know which one is cheaper.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to DerRomtester For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Taranis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82

DONATE TO ME
Hi guys,
I understand it is weird to do such "upgrade", but me and my gf does not really have money for new phone. We don't want to spend more than about 50 USD more. SGS costs about 80 USD in Poland, used. SGS2 is much too expensive. I'll try to find a bit more expensive dual-core phone.

Pempu
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Our device is 4 years old. SGS is not a bad phone and I will keep using mine until it dies.
I would still recommend getting something better. Remember that if you buy used phone you might need to buy new battery($10-15) and the headphone jack might be worn. Also some (early?) SGS phones have hardware GPS flaw(Mine has it). It can be fixed at home with some effort(search XDA for the final fix). The AMOLED screen is also a little worn(4 years...). In gray backgrounds you can see how the different subpixel colours have worn at different rate. It doesn't affect anything though just cosmetic stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pempu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Taranis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82

DONATE TO ME
Galaxy S Advance bought! CM11 should be rock-solid and fast. Thanks!