Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

References on custom rom guide

OP topgun303

13th March 2014, 09:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag springfield va
Thanks Meter: 243

646 posts
More
Can anyone link me to the guide on how to make TW custom roms for newbees.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th March 2014, 04:29 AM   |  #2  
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 11

86 posts
More
You can use ROM installer, goo.im, ROM toolbox pro, which all allow you to dl a custom rom and gapps. Those are all in the playstore. I'm guessing that's what you meant, your question wasn't very descriptive...

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th March 2014, 04:50 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Grovetown, Ga
Thanks Meter: 1,260

1,824 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun303

Thanks in advance.

you will need a linux box of some sort.

I use both DsiXDA Kitchen moddified with new smali and back smali updates and new supersu, and the Archi kitchen from the repo he has as it has new updated perms and symlink processes, also an updated deodexing process.

there's no 'real' that i know of newbie way of making roms. You just have to play around with the kitchens and then code and mod the framework and systemui apk's by hand.
18th March 2014, 02:10 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,929

4,041 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonstalker

you will need a linux box of some sort.

I use both DsiXDA Kitchen moddified with new smali and back smali updates and new supersu, and the Archi kitchen from the repo he has as it has new updated perms and symlink processes, also an updated deodexing process.

there's no 'real' that i know of newbie way of making roms. You just have to play around with the kitchens and then code and mod the framework and systemui apk's by hand.

Sometimes I kick myself for never looking at those kitchens... they sure do seem to make it the process easier for folks. It's sort of deflating when you get it all figured out then see the result of an automated process that looks nearly identical... and took far less effort lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dwitherell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th March 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag ViSiONViLLE
Thanks Meter: 13,635

10,997 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwitherell

Sometimes I kick myself for never looking at those kitchens... they sure do seem to make it the process easier for folks. It's sort of deflating when you get it all figured out then see the result of an automated process that looks nearly identical... and took far less effort lol

You don't use kitchen? wow, who'd thought...wow...I use this one, and it is unbelievable... ArchiKitchen-dsixda
If you want a copy, let me know....does all of the needed dir all at once... faster than the original...
PM if you want, I may not get back here for awhile...

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun303

Thanks in advance.

Good guides in the original Android forum....search for this, it should take you to the correct threads...
ArchiKitchen-dsixda

good luck, and hope all goes well....
The Following User Says Thank You to AxAtAx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th March 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,929

4,041 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxman

You don't use kitchen? wow, who'd thought...wow...I use this one, and it is unbelievable... ArchiKitchen-dsixda
If you want a copy, let me know....does all of the needed dir all at once... faster than the original...
PM if you want, I may not get back here for awhile...

No worries - I tend to go about things my own funny little way anyway I usually just dd a live /system (usually mount it in linux to pull out the stuff I need) and ls -ZR /system to get the perms/ownership/contexts/symlinks info I need to put an updater-script together.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread