Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] size of bloatware

OP wjharing

17th March 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

34 posts
For those who have not yet rooted their Tab Pro, how easy is it to identify the size of the bloatware on the tab? The 16gb seems inefficient when playing some of those gameloft titles, but I have a feeling that only 9gb or so was free (similar to S4 phone). While I do understand that their extra software takes up some space, I don't see how this can occupy various gigabytes worth of data...

(Bought 64gb extra, but due to android 4.4 limitations, you can only transfer a limited amount of data across (unless rooted))
17th March 2014, 11:18 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 9

54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjharing

For those who have not yet rooted their Tab Pro, how easy is it to identify the size of the bloatware on the tab? The 16gb seems inefficient when playing some of those gameloft titles, but I have a feeling that only 9gb or so was free (similar to S4 phone). While I do understand that their extra software takes up some space, I don't see how this can occupy various gigabytes worth of data...

(Bought 64gb extra, but due to android 4.4 limitations, you can only transfer a limited amount of data across (unless rooted))

Bloatware causes 3 major problems, it takes up space/storage capacity, uses up your RAM and runs in the background draining your battery faster. RAM is the most crucial part because it's one of the most expensive hardware component and every time it's used up, your tablet crashes. As apps becomes more and more complex, it needs more RAM to run smoothly.
The Following User Says Thank You to NixxonExxo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th March 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 23

146 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixxonExxo

Bloatware causes 3 major problems, it takes up space/storage capacity, uses up your RAM and runs in the background draining your battery faster. RAM is the most crucial part because it's one of the most expensive hardware component and every time it's used up, your tablet crashes. As apps becomes more and more complex, it needs more RAM to run smoothly.

is there a definite list of the apps that can be removed with confidence? I rooted the 10.1 and removed some of the things that I suspected but I think there is more to remove, the tablet almost always has 75% RAM consumed
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread