Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] About to switch roms. Recommendations??

OP krobinso2295

12th March 2014, 12:57 AM   |  #1  
krobinso2295's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
249 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
I'm about to switch from digiblur MK4 to anything else. I'm looking to stay on touchwiz. Any suggestions?
12th March 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #2  
unknowne's Avatar
Member
Flag Omaha
Thanks Meter: 11
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Stock - Rooted
Quote:
Originally Posted by krobinso2295

I'm about to switch from digiblur MK4 to anything else. I'm looking to stay on touchwiz. Any suggestions?

After trying many ROM's, i find myself going the rooted stock route.......But all the new ROM's lately, I got's me the bug again
13th March 2014, 01:16 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
252 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Running Smoothest on my wife's phone, the Note 3 features are a nice touch and is pretty stable

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
13th March 2014, 04:28 AM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
For TW, your on the best rom IMO. Better ask fast before this gets closed, for reasons I will never understand.
14th March 2014, 08:32 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
572 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by 414isaiah

For TW, your on the best rom IMO. Better ask fast before this gets closed, for reasons I will never understand.

The reason from my understanding is that there is no such as" the best rom." Everyone has different things they like. Also since this is a community and people create roms to give back and for fun this is a way not to insult them and their work...
14th March 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwater22

The reason from my understanding is that there is no such as" the best rom." Everyone has different things they like. Also since this is a community and people create roms to give back and for funand their work...

A "best rom" is the opinion of the user, everyones opinion is different, as we all seek different functions, features, and UI's. discussions of a rom, therfore, should not be interpreted as an "insult" to a dev's work. Most of us come to xda for roms, tweaks, and anything else related to mobile, discussions of a rom being an insult is laughable. Discussions allow dev's to better their work, making them better while giving the user a better experience. At this point, most devs know what works and what doesn't, users know what issues a rom may have before installing. "best rom" is nothing more than an opinion, not an "insult". Just my opinion.
15th March 2014, 05:47 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Nevada
Thanks Meter: 33
 
386 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Smoothest Rom
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanOfSkynyrd

Running Smoothest on my wife's phone, the Note 3 features are a nice touch and is pretty stable

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

Really? Note 3 features? Air Command and the like? Are there screen shots somewhere?

Thx!
15th March 2014, 07:34 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
572 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by 414isaiah

A "best rom" is the opinion of the user, everyones opinion is different, as we all seek different functions, features, and UI's. discussions of a rom, therfore, should not be interpreted as an "insult" to a dev's work. Most of us come to xda for roms, tweaks, and anything else related to mobile, discussions of a rom being an insult is laughable. Discussions allow dev's to better their work, making them better while giving the user a better experience. At this point, most devs know what works and what doesn't, users know what issues a rom may have before installing. "best rom" is nothing more than an opinion, not an "insult". Just my opinion.

True. So there is no such thing as a "best rom." Everyones opinion of the "best rom" is different. Thats why the forum asks not to post these threads because they want you to explore all the roms out there that have different features from other roms. they want everyone to use the search engine and read just like everyone else has when they joined this community. Thats the best way to find out what rom is the "best rom" for that individual
18th March 2014, 02:15 AM   |  #9  
ColeTrain!'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag St. Louis, MO. Go Cardinals!!
Thanks Meter: 319
 
639 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
I won't say best. But here is the list of 4.3 TW Roms. I like then all for their own reasons.
-Lorjay has a few, One is FTW
-Custom
-Digiblur
-Smoothest

(not in any order)

There are a lot of non 4.3. Too many to list.

Correct me if I'm wrong, maybe i missed one that i need to try myself!
18th March 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 115
 
382 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
STS and Venum Ice are MK4

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes