Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 53,348 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] About to switch roms. Recommendations??

Tip us?

krobinso2295
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Exclamation [Q] About to switch roms. Recommendations??

I'm about to switch from digiblur MK4 to anything else. I'm looking to stay on touchwiz. Any suggestions?

unknowne
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default Stock - Rooted

Quote:
Originally Posted by krobinso2295 View Post
I'm about to switch from digiblur MK4 to anything else. I'm looking to stay on touchwiz. Any suggestions?
After trying many ROM's, i find myself going the rooted stock route.......But all the new ROM's lately, I got's me the bug again

FanOfSkynyrd
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Running Smoothest on my wife's phone, the Note 3 features are a nice touch and is pretty stable

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

414isaiah
Old
Thanks Meter 16
For TW, your on the best rom IMO. Better ask fast before this gets closed, for reasons I will never understand.

coolwater22
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by 414isaiah View Post
For TW, your on the best rom IMO. Better ask fast before this gets closed, for reasons I will never understand.
The reason from my understanding is that there is no such as" the best rom." Everyone has different things they like. Also since this is a community and people create roms to give back and for fun this is a way not to insult them and their work...

414isaiah
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwater22 View Post
The reason from my understanding is that there is no such as" the best rom." Everyone has different things they like. Also since this is a community and people create roms to give back and for funand their work...
A "best rom" is the opinion of the user, everyones opinion is different, as we all seek different functions, features, and UI's. discussions of a rom, therfore, should not be interpreted as an "insult" to a dev's work. Most of us come to xda for roms, tweaks, and anything else related to mobile, discussions of a rom being an insult is laughable. Discussions allow dev's to better their work, making them better while giving the user a better experience. At this point, most devs know what works and what doesn't, users know what issues a rom may have before installing. "best rom" is nothing more than an opinion, not an "insult". Just my opinion.

rosystreasures
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Default Smoothest Rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanOfSkynyrd View Post
Running Smoothest on my wife's phone, the Note 3 features are a nice touch and is pretty stable

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
Really? Note 3 features? Air Command and the like? Are there screen shots somewhere?

Thx!
Thank you kindly,
Rosy

Sprint Galaxy Note 3
X-Note V15

coolwater22
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by 414isaiah View Post
A "best rom" is the opinion of the user, everyones opinion is different, as we all seek different functions, features, and UI's. discussions of a rom, therfore, should not be interpreted as an "insult" to a dev's work. Most of us come to xda for roms, tweaks, and anything else related to mobile, discussions of a rom being an insult is laughable. Discussions allow dev's to better their work, making them better while giving the user a better experience. At this point, most devs know what works and what doesn't, users know what issues a rom may have before installing. "best rom" is nothing more than an opinion, not an "insult". Just my opinion.
True. So there is no such thing as a "best rom." Everyones opinion of the "best rom" is different. Thats why the forum asks not to post these threads because they want you to explore all the roms out there that have different features from other roms. they want everyone to use the search engine and read just like everyone else has when they joined this community. Thats the best way to find out what rom is the "best rom" for that individual

ColeTrain!
Old
Thanks Meter 231
I won't say best. But here is the list of 4.3 TW Roms. I like then all for their own reasons.
-Lorjay has a few, One is FTW
-Custom
-Digiblur
-Smoothest

(not in any order)

There are a lot of non 4.3. Too many to list.

Correct me if I'm wrong, maybe i missed one that i need to try myself!

jrebo
Old
Thanks Meter 107
STS and Venum Ice are MK4

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app