5,597,138 Members 43,369 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Z1 Compact audio quality, post your impressions

Tip us?

Rinneh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have no issues with the sound quality at all. Paired with Sony XBA h3 in ears, The volume is no issue, no distortion, no clipping or whatsoever. Just a nice balanced and detailed sound.

The MDR1 has plenty of volume on it too.

ziprar
Old
Thanks Meter 3
walkman is nice app, but I think power amp still produces better sound (tested using sony mdr 1r headphones)

Option58
Old
Thanks Meter 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by slonn View Post
Sound quality sucks. It's way too low. Can't wait to root the phone and install the insane volume mod from Z1 forum. Hopefully it works

Sendt fra Z1C
Sony does in purpose LIMIT the output volume in their music devices. Hardware of these devices is really capable of louder but...
I heard they do that even in their WALKMAN players.

Eg. I have my Xperia Miro (I know pretty outdated) which played really low and bad on Sony ROM. But when I installed Cyanogenmod 10 headset volume was insanely LOUDER and better. Speakers were lower though! THEY CAP AUDIO TO SOME LIMIT ON PURPOSE!

They protect your hearing I guess...

If you can stand low volume and you're an audiophile I suggest you install Cyanogenmod 12 (soon when it comes). But you will lose other things such as screen quality (yeah screen quality), camera software - quality and such things...

ghtop
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I really don't get the complaints about low volume. With my Z1C, 75% volume in Walkman app with ClearAudio+ is already too loud for comfort with headphones ....

WasherUK
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtop View Post
I really don't get the complaints about low volume. With my Z1C, 75% volume in Walkman app with ClearAudio+ is already too loud for comfort with headphones ....
That depends on headphone sensitivity

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

JmJ17
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I've received my Z1c only two days ago. In my opinion, the soun quality is not bad, but could be better.

Anybody has tried Viper4Android FX in a Z1/Z1c? I was using it in my previous LG G2 and it was amazing. I suspect that it will produce problems with Sony equalizer.

nelvinchi
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmJ17 View Post
I've received my Z1c only two days ago. In my opinion, the soun quality is not bad, but could be better.

Anybody has tried Viper4Android FX in a Z1/Z1c? I was using it in my previous LG G2 and it was amazing. I suspect that it will produce problems with Sony equalizer.
Haven't tried it.... the built in Sony "sound effects" can be switched off, as can the equalizer.... or you can just uninstall/disable/freeze the apps if you've rooted your phone.....
***** The only stupid question is the one you do not ask *****

Search FIRST though!

Total members helped out of soft bricks = 17 19

If i have helped you in any way, please hit the thanks button!

zeus2602
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Using a Synology NAS with DSAUDIO. On my Tablet Z with CM11 the sound is amazing.

Yesterday i installed dsaudio on my z1c no changes made, and yes it sucks. With clear Audio and Sony Walkman app you get a good sound, with DSAUDIO it sucks.

Tested only mp3s.