Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Ativ S - APN settings aren't saved

11th March 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

33 posts
I've flashed the phone to GDR3 and mobile data won't work automatically (Brazilian phone, European GDR3) - I have to input the APN settings manually which they work fine until I reboot the phone. It seems the information isn't saved.

Help?
11th March 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,698

5,682 posts
More
Are you using the build-in Cellular Settings page, or the Samsung-specific APN app (which is also launched from the Settings hub)?

APNs should (and on my phone, an SGH-T899M, do) persist through reboot.
12th March 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

Are you using the build-in Cellular Settings page, or the Samsung-specific APN app (which is also launched from the Settings hub)?

APNs should (and on my phone, an SGH-T899M, do) persist through reboot.

I'm using the built-in settings because the APN app from the store doesn't work, meaning that even with the correct data inserted, I can't access mobile data, it doesn't make any difference...odd.

Thanks for the help.
12th March 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by defyme

I'm using the built-in settings because the APN app from the store doesn't work, meaning that even with the correct data inserted, I can't access mobile data, it doesn't make any difference...odd.

Thanks for the help.

Sepaking of odd things, my SD card is no longer detected by the phone.
13th March 2014, 01:28 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,698

5,682 posts
More
Sounds like it might just be bad hardware. The only problems I've had with my ATIV S since getting Samsung's GDR2 firmware update for were clearly tied to using a non-TMobile phone on TMo (which is stupid, but not an Ativ S problem per se).
13th March 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

Sounds like it might just be bad hardware. The only problems I've had with my ATIV S since getting Samsung's GDR2 firmware update for were clearly tied to using a non-TMobile phone on TMo (which is stupid, but not an Ativ S problem per se).

Well... maybe I'll just roll back to GDR2 where everything was working normally and wait for some official OTA Latin America update...I hope not to die waiting
18th March 2014, 04:10 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

33 posts
FYI...
ROM I8750DXBMJ1_I8750OLBBMJ1 (GDR2) works without a glitch, SD Card, 3G and all that crap

Waiting for a GDR3 that actually works out of the box.
Last edited by defyme; 18th March 2014 at 04:15 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread