Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,005 Members 38,119 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ativ S - APN settings aren't saved

Tip us?

defyme
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Ativ S - APN settings aren't saved

I've flashed the phone to GDR3 and mobile data won't work automatically (Brazilian phone, European GDR3) - I have to input the APN settings manually which they work fine until I reboot the phone. It seems the information isn't saved.

Help?

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,699
Are you using the build-in Cellular Settings page, or the Samsung-specific APN app (which is also launched from the Settings hub)?

APNs should (and on my phone, an SGH-T899M, do) persist through reboot.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

defyme
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie View Post
Are you using the build-in Cellular Settings page, or the Samsung-specific APN app (which is also launched from the Settings hub)?

APNs should (and on my phone, an SGH-T899M, do) persist through reboot.
I'm using the built-in settings because the APN app from the store doesn't work, meaning that even with the correct data inserted, I can't access mobile data, it doesn't make any difference...odd.

Thanks for the help.

defyme
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by defyme View Post
I'm using the built-in settings because the APN app from the store doesn't work, meaning that even with the correct data inserted, I can't access mobile data, it doesn't make any difference...odd.

Thanks for the help.
Sepaking of odd things, my SD card is no longer detected by the phone.

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,699
Sounds like it might just be bad hardware. The only problems I've had with my ATIV S since getting Samsung's GDR2 firmware update for were clearly tied to using a non-TMobile phone on TMo (which is stupid, but not an Ativ S problem per se).
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

defyme
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie View Post
Sounds like it might just be bad hardware. The only problems I've had with my ATIV S since getting Samsung's GDR2 firmware update for were clearly tied to using a non-TMobile phone on TMo (which is stupid, but not an Ativ S problem per se).
Well... maybe I'll just roll back to GDR2 where everything was working normally and wait for some official OTA Latin America update...I hope not to die waiting

defyme
Old
(Last edited by defyme; 18th March 2014 at 04:15 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
FYI...
ROM I8750DXBMJ1_I8750OLBBMJ1 (GDR2) works without a glitch, SD Card, 3G and all that crap

Waiting for a GDR3 that actually works out of the box.