TWRP 2.8.3.0 Available for Supported Devices

The TeamWin Recovery Project (or TWRP, for short) has quickly become one of the most popular … more

Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Galaxy Gear and batery performance.

OP Enigma Hall

17th March 2014, 03:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
Well, i don't have a gear yet but i have this question about the performance of the batery at cellphone side.
I keep my bluetooth always off to make my batery works longer, but with gear i belive it will need to be always on.

How this works to the cell? the conection is aways alive draining the power or maybe it will be activated by the gear when i will use it?

And another fast question. I Have a Galaxy Beam who is like a s2. I have some hope to use the gear with this device by cfw or it is and will be aways useles for these 1.2ghz middle age cellphones?
17th March 2014, 03:54 AM   |  #2  
O-Town
Thanks Meter: 31

147 posts
In most cases you will require android 4.3 or above, which you phone doesn't support. I would recommend upgrading your phine before wasting money on a support gadget.
17th March 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronfurro

In most cases you will require android 4.3 or above, which you phone doesn't support. I would recommend upgrading your phine before wasting money on a support gadget.

I use the Jelly Bean rom, my phone is rooted. there´s a way then?
17th March 2014, 06:11 AM   |  #4  
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 435

1,222 posts
Donate to Me
More
The gear utilizes Bluetooth 4.0ble which stands for Bluetooth low energy. You don't need to shut Bluetooth down to save battery anymore. Pairing a 4.0 to a 3.0 will pair. But the 3.0 hardware will drain faster.

As long as you're on a 4.3 or higher rom you'll be able to use most features, but not all. Follow the thread "gear on my nexus 5" for installation details. It's in the general section.
17th March 2014, 06:15 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro

The gear utilizes Bluetooth 4.0ble which stands for Bluetooth low energy. You don't need to shut Bluetooth down to save battery anymore. Pairing a 4.0 to a 3.0 will pair. But the 3.0 hardware will drain faster.

As long as you're on a 4.3 or higher rom you'll be able to use most features, but not all. Follow the thread "gear on my nexus 5" for installation details. It's in the general section.

Thanks, i will follow it. The only reason for me to keep my beam is the projector. Really waiting for a new release of this phone.
18th March 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 8

55 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma Hall

How this works to the cell? the conection is aways alive draining the power or maybe it will be activated by the gear when i will use it?

I see no difference in battery with bluetooth on all day! I am using the latest version 4.4.2, but with the 4.3 did not notice anything too!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread