Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,576 Members 44,041 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy Gear and batery performance.

Tip us?

Enigma Hall
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Galaxy Gear and batery performance.

Well, i don't have a gear yet but i have this question about the performance of the batery at cellphone side.
I keep my bluetooth always off to make my batery works longer, but with gear i belive it will need to be always on.

How this works to the cell? the conection is aways alive draining the power or maybe it will be activated by the gear when i will use it?

And another fast question. I Have a Galaxy Beam who is like a s2. I have some hope to use the gear with this device by cfw or it is and will be aways useles for these 1.2ghz middle age cellphones?

ronfurro
Old
Thanks Meter 31
In most cases you will require android 4.3 or above, which you phone doesn't support. I would recommend upgrading your phine before wasting money on a support gadget.

Enigma Hall
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronfurro View Post
In most cases you will require android 4.3 or above, which you phone doesn't support. I would recommend upgrading your phine before wasting money on a support gadget.
I use the Jelly Bean rom, my phone is rooted. there´s a way then?

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 400

DONATE TO ME
The gear utilizes Bluetooth 4.0ble which stands for Bluetooth low energy. You don't need to shut Bluetooth down to save battery anymore. Pairing a 4.0 to a 3.0 will pair. But the 3.0 hardware will drain faster.

As long as you're on a 4.3 or higher rom you'll be able to use most features, but not all. Follow the thread "gear on my nexus 5" for installation details. It's in the general section.

Enigma Hall
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro View Post
The gear utilizes Bluetooth 4.0ble which stands for Bluetooth low energy. You don't need to shut Bluetooth down to save battery anymore. Pairing a 4.0 to a 3.0 will pair. But the 3.0 hardware will drain faster.

As long as you're on a 4.3 or higher rom you'll be able to use most features, but not all. Follow the thread "gear on my nexus 5" for installation details. It's in the general section.
Thanks, i will follow it. The only reason for me to keep my beam is the projector. Really waiting for a new release of this phone.

burnin
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma Hall View Post
How this works to the cell? the conection is aways alive draining the power or maybe it will be activated by the gear when i will use it?
I see no difference in battery with bluetooth on all day! I am using the latest version 4.4.2, but with the 4.3 did not notice anything too!