Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 52,252 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy Gear and batery performance.

Tip us?
 
Enigma Hall
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 26
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default [Q] Galaxy Gear and batery performance.

Well, i don't have a gear yet but i have this question about the performance of the batery at cellphone side.
I keep my bluetooth always off to make my batery works longer, but with gear i belive it will need to be always on.

How this works to the cell? the conection is aways alive draining the power or maybe it will be activated by the gear when i will use it?

And another fast question. I Have a Galaxy Beam who is like a s2. I have some hope to use the gear with this device by cfw or it is and will be aways useles for these 1.2ghz middle age cellphones?
 
ronfurro
Old
#2  
ronfurro's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 147
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: O-Town
In most cases you will require android 4.3 or above, which you phone doesn't support. I would recommend upgrading your phine before wasting money on a support gadget.
 
Enigma Hall
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 26
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronfurro View Post
In most cases you will require android 4.3 or above, which you phone doesn't support. I would recommend upgrading your phine before wasting money on a support gadget.
I use the Jelly Bean rom, my phone is rooted. there´s a way then?
 
440bro
Old
#4  
440bro's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 383
Posts: 1,111
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cleveland ROCKS!!!

 
DONATE TO ME
The gear utilizes Bluetooth 4.0ble which stands for Bluetooth low energy. You don't need to shut Bluetooth down to save battery anymore. Pairing a 4.0 to a 3.0 will pair. But the 3.0 hardware will drain faster.

As long as you're on a 4.3 or higher rom you'll be able to use most features, but not all. Follow the thread "gear on my nexus 5" for installation details. It's in the general section.
 
Enigma Hall
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 26
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro View Post
The gear utilizes Bluetooth 4.0ble which stands for Bluetooth low energy. You don't need to shut Bluetooth down to save battery anymore. Pairing a 4.0 to a 3.0 will pair. But the 3.0 hardware will drain faster.

As long as you're on a 4.3 or higher rom you'll be able to use most features, but not all. Follow the thread "gear on my nexus 5" for installation details. It's in the general section.
Thanks, i will follow it. The only reason for me to keep my beam is the projector. Really waiting for a new release of this phone.
 
burnin
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 54
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma Hall View Post
How this works to the cell? the conection is aways alive draining the power or maybe it will be activated by the gear when i will use it?
I see no difference in battery with bluetooth on all day! I am using the latest version 4.4.2, but with the 4.3 did not notice anything too!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Android App Review: Hide Your Files with Androignito – XDA Developer TV

Stop right now, look at your phone, and see how many pictures, … more

BrightNotes Makes Cloud Notes Simple and Easy

There are literally thousands of note taking apps available on Android, with practically every … more

Google Glass XE20.1 Update Brings Improved Contacts, Head Nudge, New Cards and Commands

Ever since Google unveiled Android Wear earlier this … more

Remote Control Your Android Device with Monitordroid

The Android OS showsgreat potential in many areas. One of most interesting things that … more