XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I337 att MK2 Firmware

Tip us?

tinman4124
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy I337 att MK2 Firmware

I've have bricked my phone, and now i can't reboot it or go to recovery i can only go into Odin/Download mode. so is there a MK2 Firmware that i can download to flash it through Odin?
thanks

ted77usa
Old
(Last edited by ted77usa; 26th December 2013 at 08:06 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2081

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman4124 View Post
I've have bricked my phone, and now i can't reboot it or go to recovery i can only go into Odin/Download mode. so is there a MK2 Firmware that i can download to flash it through Odin?
thanks
Follow my thread...ATT-MK2-UPDATE.ZIP-FIRMWARE.......i added MK2_Unbricked_Method from gtj0 thread......so if u bricked ur phone from MK2.....u would be able to get back using Mf3-emergency-tar and adb sideload update.zip (use MF3>MK2 update.zip files instead of MJ9 from gjt0 guide in the end of the guide....if u check the thread alot of people confirmed it work) hope it work for u as well.......and dont forget hit THANK button if i helped u...... and after step 6 if ur phone didn't reboot to recovery u need to odin recovery-MJ6.tar.md5 from gtj0 guide and force to enter recovery before u can attemp the update via adb sideload......goodluck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ted77usa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 381

DONATE TO ME
1. Questions go in the Q/A section.
2. Use the MJ6-MJ9 upgrade guide that has been linked in many threads, but use the MK2 zip instead. You may have to flash the recovery after doing both emergency tars.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)

tinman4124
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks, it worked. But do you if i can update custom rom thru recovery instead of Safestrap; because that's what mess me up

ted77usa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2081

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks, it worked. But do you if i can update custom rom thru recovery instead of Safestrap; because that's what mess me up
No u can't. ....unless u are on earlier firmware MDB/MDL u could. ..... but for MF3/MK2 firmware updated have to use SS to install custom rom for now till someone crack the bootloader.....SS work the same as custom recovery u just need to create rom slot.... and everything else the same like install .... backup. .... restore. ... wipe ...etc the only thing u can't do is to flash custom kernel as of right now. ......

SWYPED_FROM_S4_MF3_REDVENOM
The Following User Says Thank You to ted77usa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gottech
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default i337 mk2 download

Quote:
thanks
official Samsung mk2 firmware for i337 can be found here samsung-file.com/index.php?dir=/Model_I/I337_(SGH-I337)/I337_Firmware/I337_Android_4.3/I337UCUEMK2_I337ATTEMK2_I337UCUEMK2, I had to pay $15 dollars but I can confirm it works. This is an odin download there are 4 Tar files
The Following User Says Thank You to gottech For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

muniz_ri
Old
Thanks Meter 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottech View Post
official Samsung mk2 firmware for i337 can be found here samsung-file.com/index.php?dir=/Model_I/I337_(SGH-I337)/I337_Firmware/I337_Android_4.3/I337UCUEMK2_I337ATTEMK2_I337UCUEMK2, I had to pay $15 dollars but I can confirm it works. This is an odin download there are 4 Tar files
Thanks for sharing the site info! Are you willing to upload and share the files?

slackwaresupport
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottech View Post
sooo.. how about you put those up where we can download them.
--