Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 44,695 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Chromecast Mirroring is now possible !!? No 3rd part application (I guess)

Tip us?

lucaurso
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Smile Chromecast Mirroring is now possible !!? No 3rd part application (I guess)

Hi! This morning I noticed a new tile that appears half second later I open the tile menu.
It's chromecast mirroring!!!!
I thought it was because of an Xposed module but when I try to mirror the screen an error Toast Notification appears, and thanks to an Xposed module I can see that the notification is sent by Google Play Services.
So I assume that it is a built in function.
Am I correct?

In the screenshots attached you the browser is open, but the tile is always there..
Unfortunately I didn't managed to letting it working..

anirudhnyg
Old
(Last edited by anirudhnyg; 17th March 2014 at 03:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 238
Do you have Mirror app installed ?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
LG Optimus One -> HTC One V -> Nexus 5

bhiga
Old
(Last edited by bhiga; 17th March 2014 at 03:29 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 849

DONATE TO ME
Can't see your screenshots for some reason, and would help to know what device and Android OS version you're using.
EDIT: Now I see your screenshots.
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'

extrem0
Old
(Last edited by extrem0; 17th March 2014 at 04:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 304
What's your chromecast build?

What's your chromecast build? I'm in CM11 and I see Wireless Screen as an option in tile settings, but it doesn't appear to me. My CC has team eureka rom build 15520.
Sensation 4G // CM10.1 AOSP 4.2.2 Jellybean by albinoman887

myTouch 4G [bad emmc&screen] // Dark Jelly Belly v.2 w/ Frosted Cherry Kernel -- sold

Milestone A853 // CyanogenMod 7.2.4e by kabaldan

Asphyx
Old
Thanks Meter 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrem0 View Post
What's your chromecast build?

What's your chromecast build? I'm in CM11 and I see Wireless Screen as an option in tile settings, but it doesn't appear to me. My CC has team eureka rom build 15520.
Mirroring support is limited to the later versions of KitKat (Android 4.2 or above).
They are the only devices that support Mirroring for Mirrorcast/CCast and I'm not sure but only the very latest version of KitKat on Google Experience (aka Nexus) devices has it baked into their OS for CCast support.

Manufacturers are probably a version behind anything Google is doing and not even aware that they can enable that feature for their units.

[EDIT] Just to clarify in your case not sure what CM is doing as far as Mirror support. It largely will depend on who is maintaining your Device on CM.

EarlyMon
Old
(Last edited by EarlyMon; 17th March 2014 at 09:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 545
KitKat is 4.4.x ok.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history

Miracast support began with 4.2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracast#OS_support
Bang!

Best new gun forum Ballistically Speaking

gk1984
Old
Thanks Meter 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx View Post
Mirroring support is limited to the later versions of KitKat (Android 4.2 or above).
They are the only devices that support Mirroring for Mirrorcast/CCast and I'm not sure but only the very latest version of KitKat on Google Experience (aka Nexus) devices has it baked into their OS for CCast support.

Manufacturers are probably a version behind anything Google is doing and not even aware that they can enable that feature for their units.

[EDIT] Just to clarify in your case not sure what CM is doing as far as Mirror support. It largely will depend on who is maintaining your Device on CM.
Android 4.2 is jellybean, but yes does support miracast (different than Chromecast mirroring). Many people have reported seeing the cast screen option since KitKat's release on various roms and devices but it hasn't worked for anyone. Koush got it to work with the mirror app but only for Nexus 5.

I believe this is coming sooner than later officially from Google.

Sent from my One using xda app-developers app
Android Enthusiast, Video Producer, and Photographer - www.graesen.com

Asphyx
Old
Thanks Meter 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
Thanks for clearing up my mess...
I was trying to say 4.2 was Miracast only and the latest versions of KitKat may (or may not depending on the Rom Source) do mirroring to CCast with Root.