[Q] HELP! lg g2 stuck in boot loop

Search This thread

chaz411

Oct 20, 2013
I have an at&t LG G2 D800 the android version is 4.2.2. my phone is ROOTED and I do have PHILZ Recovery. I was trying to do a hard reset or factory reset not sure what the difference is. what seemed to happen in the process is my phone was almost completely formatted and now i have access to only download mode and I can get into Philz Recover still. other then that when i boot my phone up it just gets stuck on LG boot up screen and my LED notification light blinks. need help please. cant seem to find solution or I just haven't looked in the right place yet. if anyone knows how to help or at least point me in the right direction. I give huge thanks in advance.

Last edited:

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
So you have a custom recovery installed. Good! Head over to your phones forum section and look for a stock ROM if you can find it.

If not then find an aftermarket one. Once you have found one. Download the needed files. Some included Google apps and some don't. It'll state it. Download the two zips or one if everything's together. Boot into recovery mode on your phone, and select storage and mounts.

From there go to the bottom or look for mount internal SD card or external SD card. Mount it. Then transfer the files you had downloaded to the root of your phone. Once done. Un mount it and remove the cable. Go to the menu of the recovery, select factory reset option. Then install the .zips.

Your phone should then boot up. Something must have gone wrong when you had done a hard reset.

Reply back when you've done the above. And tell me how it went.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

chaz411

Oct 20, 2013
Thank you for your help. my download speed is horrible so i'm in the process of downloading the two zip files for going back to stock. ill let you know when i get them downloaded and if it works.

Jilke

May 20, 2009
I have the same problem. I was running 4.2.2 rom under twrp recovery. Then I flasher Philz and flashed 4.4.2 rom. I was unsatisfied with it so I flashed back the old recovery so I could restore the backup. I booted twrp, recovered the backup and reeboted the system. After booting it was saying some crap like this and that procces stopped. Now Im flashing the .zip (just downloaded rom, no data), and after that its there just the boot loop (lg picture and blinking LED). Please help what to do :good:

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2009
I don't know if it's better etiquette to semi-hijack this thread or post a new thread, but I've created the same problem for myself today. I instaled TWRP recovery successfully and downloaded a CM11 nightly along with gapps for CM11. Today I installed the zips but when my phone rebooted it started the endless LG logo loop thing, which sounds the same as he describes.

I can't seem to boot into my recovery with any key combination. Volume up and power, volume down and power, they all lead to a "Hardware Key Control Mode" menu. At this point my goal is a factory reset. Maybe the same solution that helps him will help me? I need to get the phone into either download mode or to the TWRP menu.

Jilke

May 20, 2009
I don't know if it's better etiquette to semi-hijack this thread or post a new thread, but I've created the same problem for myself today. I instaled TWRP recovery successfully and downloaded a CM11 nightly along with gapps for CM11. Today I installed the zips but when my phone rebooted it started the endless LG logo loop thing, which sounds the same as he describes.

I can't seem to boot into my recovery with any key combination. Volume up and power, volume down and power, they all lead to a "Hardware Key Control Mode" menu. At this point my goal is a factory reset. Maybe the same solution that helps him will help me? I need to get the phone into either download mode or to the TWRP menu.

Im also trying to get into download mode. But it wont let me :( Im following this thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476&highlight=download+mode

Last edited: