Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,363 Members 44,195 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Display Problem !!!

Tip us?

denski101
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Short answer: I tried what you said and I couldn't reproduce your issue!
I can quite easily produce the purple smearing but not on the S-note intro video!
Maybe your not going crazy.😜

On a side note😊, I've had a Note 2 in my possession and apart from some lines, which can only be seen on certain grey backgrounds, it doesn't suffer the purple smear problem(Exynos one I tried didn't). If this issue continues to drive you up the wall, and considering all N900s you've tried exhibit the same issue, maybe consider a Note 2 (DittoNote3 ROM&#128077 or import a N9005.
Alternatively, rally together all the disgruntled N900 owners and sue the pants of Samsung.😂

Best of Luck either way.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to denski101 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stanzlavos
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by denski101 View Post
Short answer: I tried what you said and I couldn't reproduce your issue!
I can quite easily produce the purple smearing but not on the S-note intro video!
Maybe your not going crazy.😜

On a side note😊, I've had a Note 2 in my possession and apart from some lines, which can only be seen on certain grey backgrounds, it doesn't suffer the purple smear problem(Exynos one I tried didn't). If this issue continues to drive you up the wall, and considering all N900s you've tried exhibit the same issue, maybe consider a Note 2 (DittoNote3 ROM&#128077 or import a N9005.
Alternatively, rally together all the disgruntled N900 owners and sue the pants of Samsung.😂

Best of Luck either way.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Well... First of all thank you for spending some time for that...

And as soon as I get my hand on my new phone, I will post a video so that you (and I ) can be absolutely sure that I am not going crazy :P

And I would definitely luv to have an N9005 but i wont get one under warranty here in India I suppose !!!

And about suing Samsung... I am seriously considering that and I would be talking to a lawyer tomorrow just to confirm that I do have a valid case and it wouldn't be just a waste of my time and my money going behind this.... :P

And yeah, lemme see if I can get a few more people behind this with me....

Anyhow, thanks a ton...

RISHI RAJ
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Im also using exynos version but I didn't face any of the problems.Maybe New versions have tgis problem

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app