Hard bricked HTC one

OP BlackMamba08

18th March 2014, 12:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

75 posts
Hi Guys,

I've done enough research, couldn't really find a legitimate answer. I have a rooted htc one m7 GSM. Rooted with cwm and cm 11 snapshot feb installed. Everything was fine. A few hours ago, I randomly got a "com.google.gapps" has stopped working. I pressed okay and it went away. A few minutes later I got 2-3 of those messages one right after another, and my google applications stopped working. Couldnt send texts, and log on to the play store.

I tried a few fixes and nothing worked. I decided to update my gapps, and while I'm at it install the new cm snapshot from march 17th.

I went into cwm and did wipe davlik and cache partition. Then was installing cwm. It took a while and about halfway through the phone randomly turned off. I knew I had about 50% battery so thats not an issue. I tried turning it back on and it wouldnt. I plugged it into the computer, the computer made the sound as if I plugged something in but nothing populated.

Tried vol up and down, power button alone. Saw a suggestion on here that said to use a bright light under the proximity sensor. Tried that as well.

The phone shows up as "qualcomm" in device manager when plugged in.

I CANNOT take this to HTC or the carrier for many reasons (no it is not stolen lol)

Help?
18th March 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 3,003

6,060 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMamba08

Hi Guys,

The phone shows up as "qualcomm" in device manager when plugged in.

I CANNOT take this to HTC or the carrier for many reasons (no it is not stolen lol)

Help?

QHSUSB_DLOAD = hard brick, not possible to fix, needs a motherboard replacement
18th March 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #3  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 326

1,133 posts
More
Quote:

Help?

Unfortunately thats your only option
18th March 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

75 posts
I'm in Canada. The phone was originally with bell, but I did not buy it from them nor am I on their services currently. Phones boot loader was unlocked and so was its IMEI. Using on a different carrier.

What are my options in terms of htc repair?
18th March 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #5  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,179

3,065 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'm in Canada. The phone was originally with bell, but I did not buy it from them nor am I on their services currently. Phones boot loader was unlocked and so was its IMEI. Using on a different carrier.

What are my options in terms of htc repair?

contact them from here http://www.htc.com/ca/support/servic.../overview.html
and ask how much it will cost to replace the motherboard.

or try this:http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerce.com/htc-one-m7/

don't know if they can jtag your device to repair the qhusb brick, ask them.
Last edited by alray; 18th March 2014 at 08:49 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread