Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more
Post Reply

Text/MMS location

OP Robert542

18th March 2014, 12:18 PM   |  #1  
Robert542's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 164
 
498 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Can someone please tell me where text/mms messages are stored. I have a bunch of pictures that I don't necessarily want to save to my phone but I do want to hang on to temporarily. Being the flash happy fool that I am I would like to transfer those texts and mms to what ever rom I am on for that day. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th March 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #2  
Dejan Sathanas's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hell
Thanks Meter: 2,652
 
1,331 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
If you're such a flash happy fool, you should know by now how to backup and restore your messages. The Web is full of "how to's".

Sent from my N9005
18th March 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #3  
Muffycheeks's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 93
 
579 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert542

Can someone please tell me where text/mms messages are stored. I have a bunch of pictures that I don't necessarily want to save to my phone but I do want to hang on to temporarily. Being the flash happy fool that I am I would like to transfer those texts and mms to what ever rom I am on for that day. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejan Sathanas

If you're such a flash happy fool, you should know by now how to backup and restore your messages. The Web is full of "how to's".

Sent from my N9005

1. Titanium Back-up

2. Maybe a "loved one" trying to do a "check-up"!!!
18th March 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #4  
Robert542's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 164
 
498 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejan Sathanas

If you're such a flash happy fool, you should know by now how to backup and restore your messages. The Web is full of "how to's".

Sent from my N9005

Actually I do know how to back up my text messages but the problem is the mms messages. When I restore the mms it doesn't restore the pictures. But thanks for playing.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Robert542 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th March 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #5  
Robert542's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 164
 
498 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffycheeks

1. Titanium Back-up

2. Maybe a "loved one" trying to do a "check-up"!!!

Nah no loved one doing a check-up, lol. Does titanium back do mms messages also. I haven't used it since I had my Evo Lte and it would only restore text not mms.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th March 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #6  
Dejan Sathanas's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hell
Thanks Meter: 2,652
 
1,331 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Because the messages are stored deeply in the file system. Don't think that anybody does backup and restore them like this. Yes, titanium does restore sms and mms.

Sent from my N9005
Last edited by Dejan Sathanas; 18th March 2014 at 09:20 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank