HTC One X Wont Start

OP oronvax

18th March 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I have the international HTC One X (tegra 3) and its unlocked. The bootloader is unlocked, but no custom rom. I'm running jellybean i thing 4.2 something. I put my phone on charge last night and it was charging and all was merry, (red led was on). And I wake up and phone is completely dead. Nothing wrong with the charger, it worked on my trusty ol HTC Desire. I tried forcing a power cycle, but no luck. Tried to boot into bootloader, with power and vol down, but no luck. I took out the sim, but no luck. My phone was part of the original or one of the earliest batches, the ones which have the faulty connection to the wifi antenna (so you have to press on the back of the phone to get any wifi connection.) Could it be possible that the connection to the battery has also become faulty. (Either from me pressing to much on the back or yesterday i had some thread from my jeans stuck in the 3.5 mm jack that i cleared with a small pin, and I accidentally unplugged or broke something). TL;DR, My phone wont start, no power cycles, no charge, no bootloader. My carrier is o2 but that is irrelevant.
Last edited by oronvax; 18th March 2014 at 04:29 PM.
18th March 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #2  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 568

1,851 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oronvax

I have the international HTC One X (tegra 3) and its unlocked. The bootloader is unlocked, but no custom rom. I'm running jellybean i thing 4.2 something. I put my phone on charge last night and it was charging and all was merry, (red led was on). And I wake up and phone is completely dead. Nothing wrong with the charger, it worked on my trusty ol HTC Desire. I tried forcing a power cycle, but no luck. Tried to boot into bootloader, with power and vol down, but no luck. I took out the sim, but no luck. My phone was part of the original or one of the earliest batches, the ones which have the faulty connection to the wifi antenna (so you have to press on the back of the phone to get any wifi connection.) Could it be possible that the connection to the battery has also become faulty. (Either from me pressing to much on the back or yesterday i had some thread from my jeans stuck in the 3.5 mm jack that i cleared with a small pin, and I accidentally unplugged or broke something). TL;DR, My phone wont start, no power cycles, no charge, no bootloader. My carrier is o2 but that is irrelevant.

I think your 2 year battery is dead first try to change the battery!!! if you have warranty send it for repair
The Following User Says Thank You to Thant For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th March 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thant

I think your 2 year battery is dead first try to change the battery!!! if you have warranty send it for repair

Are the batteries only rated for two years. Would I have better luck with my warrenty from HTC or from the retailer.
18th March 2014, 09:20 PM   |  #4  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 568

1,851 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oronvax

Are the batteries only rated for two years. Would I have better luck with my warrenty from HTC or from the retailer.

Have many battery where die on the first year. On my colleague in work they changed battery after 6 months because the phone don't want to charge. If you have warranty go back to stock and send it for rpair if you don't have warranty just try change your battery with One X+ because is 2100mAh and it is better.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thant For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread