Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Wi-fi issues across the board. What should I do?

OP leikamkei

18th March 2014, 03:54 AM   |  #21  
Flag richmond
Thanks Meter: 56

220 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leikamkei

Prior to all this madness, I did try flashing JediMasterX2(I think) and AOKP, two ROMs that I would heavily associate with being stable and basically have everything work. Unfortunately, they didn't work. After all that went down and I restored my backed-up OTA all the way to now, it has been on MK7 stock kernel since then. I'm about to flip a table or something.

im kind of at a loss i wish we had some other input....i haven't been on android very long and im probably missing something. the only thing that comes to mind is going to old bootloader and updating again not even sure that would work.
18th March 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 235

478 posts
More
You cannot downgrade 4.3 Bootloader. You can try flashing the tz.img from 4.1.2 ROM and then from 4.3 ROM again but I am not 100% sure it will work.

Let me know if you want to try, I can pack them for you.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ciphercodes For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th March 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #23  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

140 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squilchi

im kind of at a loss i wish we had some other input....i haven't been on android very long and im probably missing something. the only thing that comes to mind is going to old bootloader and updating again not even sure that would work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciphercodes

You cannot downgrade 4.3 Bootloader. You can try flashing the tz.img from 4.1.2 ROM and then from 4.3 ROM again but I am not 100% sure it will work.

Let me know if you want to try, I can pack them for you.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Just a little update.

So for whatever odd reason, my brother decided to turn on his bluetooth and pair it to his Amazon bluetooth speaker. Little would I know that led to his Wi-Fi actually working with no problems last night. I'll have to bug him today to see what's the word in regards to today but I swear this phone is so temperamental XD. I'll keep you guys posted.
18th March 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #24  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

140 posts
More
I spoke a bit too soon. Wi-Fi is broken again. My brother made a vid of his Note IIs showing the symptoms. The left one is the AT&T version on 4.1.2 while the one on the right is the T-MO Note II on 4.3 with MK7. Sorry about the crap focus.

http://s124.photobucket.com/user/fas...v5b3n.mp4.html
18th March 2014, 11:54 PM   |  #25  
Flag richmond
Thanks Meter: 56

220 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leikamkei

I spoke a bit too soon. Wi-Fi is broken again. My brother made a vid of his Note IIs showing the symptoms. The left one is the AT&T version on 4.1.2 while the one on the right is the T-MO Note II on 4.3 with MK7. Sorry about the crap focus.

http://s124.photobucket.com/user/fas...v5b3n.mp4.html

Wow if you have warranty I would see if Sammy could do anything about it

Sent from my N7105 using xda app-developers app
19th March 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squilchi

Wow if you have warranty I would see if Sammy could do anything about it

Sent from my N7105 using xda app-developers app

No warranty... I'm the brother that uses the Note 2. This is strike 2. My 50" Samsung plasma tv went bad because of a firmware update and since I didnd't have warranty they want me to fork out $125 to fix the problem.

Samsung is really starting to get on my nerves... avsforumdotcom//t/1485767/samsung-pn50c450

Funny it's always after their firmware that wrecks their products...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread