Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,909 Members 37,663 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooting GT-I9000 reboot loop help

Tip us?

knight76au2002
Old
(Last edited by knight76au2002; 18th March 2014 at 10:39 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Rooting GT-I9000 reboot loop help

Yes, I know there are a lot of these posts here most likely.

The thing is I don't know which remedy I should follow to resolve this situation as many of them seem to expect that the device is rooted already. Or people are in a boot loop after previously rooting it, and upgrading from a previous custom firmware. My device is stock never rooted.

What I have done is follow the steps in http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1852546

I followed these only to the end of the first section to root the deivce. I am running a GT-I9000.

The first time I ran Odin it gave me an unable to open serial port error. I rebooted the phone and this time it worked giving me a pass green box in the top right.

Since then, the phone boots to the samsung splash screen and immediately reboots in a cycle. I can get to the download page again, and can get to the recovery page again but am unable to get it out of the boot loop.

I used the Semaphore_2.7.4.tar linked to in the guide, and installed the samsung usb drivers prior to running anything. I am using windows 8 for this.

So my question is what do I need to do from here?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

xsenman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2208
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight76au2002 View Post
So my question is what do I need to do from here? Thank you in advance for any assistance.
Its likely you had a froyo ROM and you flashed a gingerbread kernel and booting the phone, so you can follow [Tutorial] How to Unbrick, Flash, Downgrade, Root, Update i9000 from Froyo to Kit Kat and flash the ICS ROM or Gingerbread ROM to get your phone booting.