XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] Unbricking with nvflash

Tip us?

matlock67
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sweatpants View Post
If you get the Google logo thats your bootloader how did your tablet get to that point? Have you tried pressing power and vol down just as the Google screen comes up that should bring you into the boot loader and you can use adb commands

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app
when powered on google appears forever, unless I force reboot by pressing on button form 20 secs. Cannot access fastboot or recovery options using pwr Vol- or pwr vol+.

Original issue.
tablet froze (not doing updates) shutdown and restarted, it booted and then displayed No Command.
Tried doing restore using fastboot and recovery, it hung on formatting /data (tried about 4 times), tried to clear cache in recovery (hung as well)
Then could no longer access fastboot or Recovery menus, now only get google displayed when powered on (nothing else).

Have tried using adb via Nexus Root Toolkit , but does not pick up the device

any ideas?

I've ordered replacement motherboard from the US but will take weeks to get to the UK.

Captain Sweatpants
Old
(Last edited by Captain Sweatpants; 18th March 2014 at 09:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 54
@matlock67 Sorry it sounds like a corrupted partition my only question would be why order from the US I got a 16gb board delivered 1st class for 30 off eBay in fact I think I still have one around somewhere. I ended up not needing it and never sent it back. So I kept it as a spare

matlock67
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Sorry it sounds like a corrupted partition only question is would be why order from the US I got a 16gb board delivered 1st class for 30 off eBay in fact I think I still have one around somewhere. I ended up not needing it and never sent it back

Managed to get the device recognised on my PC by pressing vol+ and connecting usb (I loaded naked APX drivers) from here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1514942

the device now shows as a Android Phone > ASUS Transformer prime APX interface

Nexus Root Toolkit , still does not find the device ?

Captain Sweatpants
Old
(Last edited by Captain Sweatpants; 18th March 2014 at 09:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 54
I think and I may be wrong here that you can only recover your bootloader in apx mode if you have previously taken blob.bin files through the nvflatline procedure however as you haven't wiped your bootloader it must have somehow become corrupted. I don't think you can recover it without the blob.bin as I'm still getting my head round using apx mode someone else may know differently
NRT will only recognise the device in fastboot mode or booted into the ROM as apx mode is neither and uses different commands to adb it won't be picked up

matlock67
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I think and I may be wrong here that you can only recover your bootloader in apx mode if you have previously taken blob.bin files through the nvflatline procedure however as you haven't wiped your bootloader it must have somehow become corrupted. I don't think you can recover it without the blob.bin as I'm still getting my head round using apx mode someone else may know differently
NRT will only recognise the device in fastboot mode or booted into the ROM as apx mode is neither and uses different commands to adb it won't be picked up
Thanks for the info, Looks like your right, because i cannot get to fastboot mode I cannot get the blob.bin from my device.
My nexus 7 is 17months old so out of warranty, Will have to wait for new motherboard (was only 16) to come from the states.

Captain Sweatpants
Old
Thanks Meter 54
16 is pretty good I ended up having to buy a n7 with a broken screen as I needed several components(a slight mishap involving 15volts going down the data pins) but I already bought a motherboard so now I have 2 if I hard brick it then I'm sorted

Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.