Xiaomi Mi4 Launched in India

Xiaomi’s Mi3 and Redmi Note handsets were met with roaring enthusiasm in India,thousands of piecesbeing … more

LG G3 Stock Camera Mod v7

If you want to extend your G3’s camera capabilities, check out this new modded camera application that will … more

Ultrasecure Blackphone Had Security Vulnerability

What was touted to be an impenetrable monolithic staple in Android security has just had a … more

LG Dumps Glass, Adopts Plastic for All Future Screens

LG has been incorporating plastic OLED displays in some of its latest and upcoming … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

USB OTG Flash Drive

OP erwaso

27th February 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #1  
erwaso's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag West Side
Thanks Meter: 26
 
314 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Anyone know if this works on the G Pad???

http://www.androidcentral.com/adatas...l-your-devices
9th March 2014, 06:05 AM   |  #2  
Member
New England
Thanks Meter: 9
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erwaso

Anyone know if this works on the G Pad???

http://www.androidcentral.com/adatas...l-your-devices

Most likely but just guessing. Thinking of getting one for my chromebook... works with other LG products and android 4.1 and up.
18th March 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #3  
Park82's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pretoria
Thanks Meter: 7
 
120 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
More
*Bump
18th March 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #4  
erwaso's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag West Side
Thanks Meter: 26
 
314 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
I ended up buying this brand instead and it works great!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...140318154003:s
18th March 2014, 08:04 PM   |  #5  
woody1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 78
 
562 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erwaso

I ended up buying this brand instead and it works great!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...140318154003:s

I have to assume that it only connects to the G Pad at USB 2.0 speeds, correct?
19th March 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #6  
erwaso's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag West Side
Thanks Meter: 26
 
314 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody1

I have to assume that it only connects to the G Pad at USB 2.0 speeds, correct?

Correct. this will act as 2.0 for most devices since 3.0 isn't completely adopted yet.

It's worth noting that this transfers movies quite fast compared to USB from device to PC
19th March 2014, 01:10 AM   |  #7  
woody1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 78
 
562 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erwaso

Correct. this will act as 2.0 for most devices since 3.0 isn't completely adopted yet.

It's worth noting that this transfers movies quite fast compared to USB from device to PC

I'm not sure what you mean about USB 3.0 not being adopted yet. Some devices have 3.0, but the G Pad doesn't. I don't think it's a matter of it not being adopted, just that the G Pad doesn't have the hardware to support it.
19th March 2014, 01:13 AM   |  #8  
erwaso's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag West Side
Thanks Meter: 26
 
314 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody1

I'm not sure what you mean about USB 3.0 not being adopted yet. Some devices have 3.0, but the G Pad doesn't. I don't think it's a matter of it not being adopted, just that the G Pad doesn't have the hardware to support it.

Completely. Widely. Not a lot.

How many phones and tablets have 3.0? Not many

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes