Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,395 Members 47,016 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP PLEASE 4.4 was put on by HtC and i cant send pics

Tip us?

madi05
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Normal straight talk apn settings,also explain why they were fine before the upgrade to kitty Kat? It is the only obvious choice and Google it,it isn't just me and it's also happening to the nexus5 and the new card lte SIM att as well, I have tried every combo there is and I still have my s4 with jelly bean,same settings sane SIM card no problems, the only difference is I can put in that ip4/ setting on my s4

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Fuzi0719
Old
Thanks Meter 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by madi05 View Post
Normal straight talk apn settings,also explain why they were fine before the upgrade to kitty Kat? It is the only obvious choice and Google it,it isn't just me and it's also happening to the nexus5 and the new card lte SIM att as well, I have tried every combo there is and I still have my s4 with jelly bean,same settings sane SIM card no problems, the only difference is I can put in that ip4/ setting on my s4

Ever since T-Mobile US upgraded my HTC One to 4.4.2 (the 4.19.531.10 OTA), I can only receive MMS when my phone's Wi-Fi connection is disabled. Normally at home, I have Wi-Fi active and connected. But when a friend sends me a MMS, all I get is "message cannot be downloaded" error. As soon as I disconnect Wi-Fi (which puts the phone in 4GLTE mode), the MMS will instantly be received. This is very frustrating. I can send MMS just fine, Wi-Fi or not. This behavior did not occur on the previous 4.3 release, and I'm hearing of others having the same issue. Note, this is occurring with the stock message app or Chomp or Handcent, doesn't matter. Also, my APN settings are exactly what they should be, I've not altered them from what T-Mobile set them as. My phone is stock, rooted, S-OFF.
Phone: HTC One Silver 32GB (T-Mobile)
ROM: HTC-T-Mobile stock 4.4.2/Sense 6.0 (rooted/S-OFF/Unlocked bootloader)
Kernel: Kangaroo Kernel v116

Tablet: Nook Tablet 16GB
ROM: CM 11-M8 with Bexus N2 R5.1 kernel

madi05
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Yes sounds even worse than me,I can send text fine and receive no matter Wi-Fi or4g just pics are my only problem on any messaging app so tonight I'm gonna go back to jelly bean and key you know if that fixes it tbh 4.4 isn't a big change where I would miss anything ,battery is same and that is really all that I could have seen a achievement

P05TMAN
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by madi05 View Post
Yes sounds even worse than me,I can send text fine and receive no matter Wi-Fi or4g just pics are my only problem on any messaging app so tonight I'm gonna go back to jelly bean and key you know if that fixes it tbh 4.4 isn't a big change where I would miss anything ,battery is same and that is really all that I could have seen a achievement

In your Messaging app settings, is the Group messaging option checked?

madi05
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2685284

This finally worked for me , smh yes i am happy to be back able to send pictures via mms ,, if you have my problems this worked for me , its not easy if u are a noob like me but i got it done tbh

thanks to all that helped