Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,375 Members 45,305 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SD Card ejected unexpectedly error!

Tip us?

rohit.bhosale
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default SD Card ejected unexpectedly error!

Could anyone please help me with the "SD card ejected unexpectedly" error? I have gone through countless online forums and posts but there is no definitive answer! Nothing has worked. I have SGH-T999 phone and 32 GB class 10 Transcend card. Here are my observations. Please help.

1. I tried CM, AOKP, BAM, Liquid Smooth ROM. I run into the same problem repeatedly. It's unpredictable. At times, it happens less number of times, at times, it is more.

2. I formatted the card in exFAT to see if it helps. but no luck! Perhaps the frequency has reduced. But it is still happening.

3. The original OS never had this problem. Once I flashed stock mod rom. It also didn't have any problem. The moment I get to AOKP or AOSP roms, it keeps happening!

Is there any solution or workaround to this problem? Please help.

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3332

DONATE TO ME
Please format the card to FAT32 and then see.

Can you restore a Nandroid of the StockMod Rom and then see if it happens for few days ?

rohit.bhosale
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
Please format the card to FAT32 and then see.

Can you restore a Nandroid of the StockMod Rom and then see if it happens for few days ?
I tried FAT32, same results. I however found less number of occurrences with exFAT though. with FAT 32, it was happening way too many times.

I do not have nandroid, I flashed StockMod Rom again and again, it was peace. no failure.

mike102871
Old
Thanks Meter 89
My s3 ate up b 3 quality sd cards in a year and a half. Alwaya got that error and norhing would work to fix. Except a new card

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3332

DONATE TO ME
Silly Question. Are the contacts of the SD Card ok ?

rohit.bhosale
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
Silly Question. Are the contacts of the SD Card ok ?
I didn't have contacts on external SD card. I have photos, music on external card. Those are in tact. I can access those until the moment the phone throws the unexpected card error.