Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,355 Members 39,444 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]HTC One Software Update - 4.06.651.4 (Android KitKat) -OTA and ODEX Stock ROM

Tip us?

vflock
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619 View Post
RUU
Ok, so for example if I wanted to use the latest RUU I see, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658910
I need to first flash the stock recovery, lock the bootloader?, leaving S-Off, and then use the ARU utility?

vflock
Old
(Last edited by vflock; 19th March 2014 at 04:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
I'm having trouble getting to the right version of hboot (1.56) in preparation of loading the newest RUU 4.06.
( this thread mentions needing 1.56 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658910)

Though I successfully flashed firmware 3.06.651.6, my hboot is still 1.55.
If i try using the recovery from the newest firmware, I get no recovery (the red triangle)

what am I missing here?

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7698

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vflock View Post
I'm having trouble getting to the right version of hboot (1.56) in preparation of loading the newest RUU 4.06.
( this thread mentions needing 1.56 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658910)

Though I successfully flashed firmware 3.06.651.6, my hboot is still 1.55.
If i try using the recovery from the newest firmware, I get no recovery (the red triangle)

what am I missing here?
You can flash this firmware from the link you posted it will give you hboot 1.56 and you will be able to use the 4.06 RUU
Full Firmware from RUU (fastboot flashable):
\_(ツ)_/

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator
The Following User Says Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vflock
Old
(Last edited by vflock; 19th March 2014 at 05:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
You can flash this firmware from the link you posted it will give you hboot 1.56 and you will be able to use the 4.06 RUU
[Full Firmware from RUU (fastboot flashable):[/URL]
Sorry - update - got hboot 1.56 now (was having problems ...because of....capslock sensitivity on rebootRUU - --didn't know that mattered...i'm learning ),
but looks like no stock recovery here? -- when I try to get to recovery from bootloader it just goes blank

so it updates the OS in the firmware in bootloader to 4.06, and has hboot 1.56, tampered, unlocked, - but then I can't start it up again - i'm guessing because of the mismatch now that the software is lagging behind the firmware?
what i really would like to do is get it to a state where it can accept the OTA that it keeps notifying me of instead of using the posted RUU so that I can preserve data (despite the RUU being cleaner)

what should i do? for now i reverted back to 3.06.651.6 firmware

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7698

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Sorry - update - got hboot 1.56 now (was having problems ...because of....capslock sensitivity on rebootRUU - --didn't know that mattered...i'm learning ),
but looks like no stock recovery here? -- when I try to get to recovery from bootloader it just goes blank

so it updates the OS in the firmware in bootloader to 4.06, and has hboot 1.56, tampered, unlocked, - but then I can't start it up again - i'm guessing because of the mismatch now that the software is lagging behind the firmware?
what i really would like to do is get it to a state where it can accept the OTA that it keeps notifying me of instead of using the posted RUU so that I can preserve data (despite the RUU being cleaner)

what should i do? for now i reverted back to 3.06.651.6 firmware
We should probably continue this in Q&A so we don't clog the thread anymore
\_(ツ)_/

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator

vflock
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
We should probably continue this in Q&A so we don't clog the thread anymore
Done - sorry - moved to here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51199022
The Following User Says Thank You to vflock For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jbhtexas
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Thanks for the reply! Let me know how yours ends up going. I'm curious though - all these threads update the firmware, but not the software - how can I update the software the same as what comes in the OTA package, whether it's kitkat or otherwise?

(edit) also - i bought the phone secondhand so i dont have the htcdev unlock code - what can i do if i get to the point after OTA update?
I activated the phone, and everything seems to be working fine.

I bought the phone second-hand as well. You should be able to go to htcdev.com and get an unlock code.

Kraizk
Old
Thanks Meter 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post
just want to add the stock recovery v 3.05.651.6 so that you can flash the OTA update without issues and benefit.

(Download)
Any chance you have the stock recovery from 4.06.651.4 (KitKat update). There is SUPPOSED to be a stability patch today.
HTC 8125
HTC Tilt
Samsung Blackjack II
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPad
Motorola Atrix
HTC VIVID
HTC Inspire
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
HTC ONE X+
HTC ONE (SPRINT)
Eee Pad Transformer
Eee Pad Transformer Prime
NEXUS 7

jbhtexas
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraizk View Post
Any chance you have the stock recovery from 4.06.651.4 (KitKat update). There is SUPPOSED to be a stability patch today.
You can go to the first post in this thread, and download the OTA zip file (should be the first download link in the post). Open that zip file, and there you should find firmware.zip. Inside firmware.zip, there should be recovery.img. I believe that this should be the 4.06.641.4 recovery image.

njaustin123
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default How did you get the stock recovery image

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnv01 View Post
I did this w/ exactly the same setup and the OTA recognized my phone as stock and installed without issue. I actually downloaded the OTA first , then flashed stock recovery, reboored system and then accepted the install notification.

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I want to update using OTA to 4.19.1540. 9 for my unlocked HTC one Dev edition 4.4.2. But currently I have TWRP and I need to put stock recovery for the update to happen.