Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,752 Members 39,434 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Warranty Issue

Tip us?

PeterZhao478
Old
(Last edited by PeterZhao478; 20th March 2014 at 06:20 AM.) Reason: little more info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Warranty Issue

Hello. I am quite worried right now because I sent my phone in for repair and apparently my phone is out of warranty. Was it because I was s-off? I thought s-off had nothing to do with warranty. I feel so stupid now. I didn't know you could go from s off back to s on. The issues I am having with my HTC one is a dead pixel and the build quality. It has nothing to do with the software. The phone was given to Telus Mobility which then was sent to HTC repair. Now I get a notification that says my phone is out of warranty. Please help. My phone was also returned to stock settings and no tampered sign and locked bootloader.

cr1960
Old
Thanks Meter 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterZhao478 View Post
Hello. I am quite worried right now because I sent my phone in for repair and apparently my phone is out of warranty. Was it because I was s-off? I thought s-off had nothing to do with warranty. I feel so stupid now. I didn't know you could go from s off back to s on. The issues I am having with my HTC one is a dead pixel and the build quality. It has nothing to do with the software. The phone was given to Tells which then was sent to HTC repair. Now I get a notification that says my phone is out of warranty. Please help. My phone was also returned to stock settings and no tampered sign and locked bootloader.
I think you need to discuss with Tellus mate, no-one here can help much with this type of issue.
If the problems are minor, just get them to send it back as-is. Should be little/no charge.

HTC M8
ROM: ViperOneM8
Kernel: Hacker Beta 10

PeterZhao478
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1960 View Post
I think you need to discuss with Tellus mate, no-one here can help much with this type of issue.
If the problems are minor, just get them to send it back as-is. Should be little/no charge.
Do some phones get shipped with s off by accident? I've searched online and I saw I tweet from HTC saying that s off docent void warranty.

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,930
Quote:
Do some phones get shipped with s off by accident? I've searched online and I saw I tweet from HTC saying that s off docent void warranty.
here it is: https://twitter.com/htc/status/377422743626842112

some phones do ship s-off ("by mistake")... don't think there's a real way of proving that you s-off'ed the device... unless you left some nandroids or similar on the phone

good luck

PeterZhao478
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post

some phones do ship s-off ("by mistake")... don't think there's a real way of proving that you s-off'ed the device... unless you left some nandroids or similar on the phone

good luck
I hope not. I remember needing to run a RUU two times because the first time I ruued I forgot to lock up my boot loader so I rerouted and locked. After locking I ran the RUU again to clear the last and that's it. My phone still has some data but nothing to do with rooting. It also had a PW on it.

PeterZhao478
Old
(Last edited by PeterZhao478; 20th March 2014 at 01:04 AM.) Reason: Change of word
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

good luck
I also have another question... Dose a RUU format the internal memory? if it doesn't then I'm screwed.........

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,930
Quote:
I also have another question... Dose a RUU format the internal memory? if it doesn't then I'm screwed.........
yes, a full ruu wipes internal storage.

PeterZhao478
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well... It seems like HTC says that my phone has physical damage? They also said that the button was physical damage... Search Google for HTC One button flush... I bet thousands of post talk about the button and my dead pixel was caused by pressure? How do they know if pressure was put on it... HTC trolling.

PeterZhao478
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
yes, a full ruu wipes internal storage.
Do you think any of the damages look like physical damage? http://imgur.com/a/Tsokf#2