Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Warranty Issue

OP PeterZhao478

19th March 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
More
Hello. I am quite worried right now because I sent my phone in for repair and apparently my phone is out of warranty. Was it because I was s-off? I thought s-off had nothing to do with warranty. I feel so stupid now. I didn't know you could go from s off back to s on. The issues I am having with my HTC one is a dead pixel and the build quality. It has nothing to do with the software. The phone was given to Telus Mobility which then was sent to HTC repair. Now I get a notification that says my phone is out of warranty. Please help. My phone was also returned to stock settings and no tampered sign and locked bootloader.
Last edited by PeterZhao478; 20th March 2014 at 07:20 AM. Reason: little more info
19th March 2014, 10:06 AM   |  #2  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 328

1,458 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterZhao478

Hello. I am quite worried right now because I sent my phone in for repair and apparently my phone is out of warranty. Was it because I was s-off? I thought s-off had nothing to do with warranty. I feel so stupid now. I didn't know you could go from s off back to s on. The issues I am having with my HTC one is a dead pixel and the build quality. It has nothing to do with the software. The phone was given to Tells which then was sent to HTC repair. Now I get a notification that says my phone is out of warranty. Please help. My phone was also returned to stock settings and no tampered sign and locked bootloader.

I think you need to discuss with Tellus mate, no-one here can help much with this type of issue.
If the problems are minor, just get them to send it back as-is. Should be little/no charge.
19th March 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1960

I think you need to discuss with Tellus mate, no-one here can help much with this type of issue.
If the problems are minor, just get them to send it back as-is. Should be little/no charge.

Do some phones get shipped with s off by accident? I've searched online and I saw I tweet from HTC saying that s off docent void warranty.
19th March 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 3,134

6,312 posts
More
Quote:

Do some phones get shipped with s off by accident? I've searched online and I saw I tweet from HTC saying that s off docent void warranty.

here it is: https://twitter.com/htc/status/377422743626842112

some phones do ship s-off ("by mistake")... don't think there's a real way of proving that you s-off'ed the device... unless you left some nandroids or similar on the phone

good luck
20th March 2014, 12:11 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

some phones do ship s-off ("by mistake")... don't think there's a real way of proving that you s-off'ed the device... unless you left some nandroids or similar on the phone

good luck

I hope not. I remember needing to run a RUU two times because the first time I ruued I forgot to lock up my boot loader so I rerouted and locked. After locking I ran the RUU again to clear the last and that's it. My phone still has some data but nothing to do with rooting. It also had a PW on it.
20th March 2014, 01:59 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
More
Quote:

good luck

I also have another question... Dose a RUU format the internal memory? if it doesn't then I'm screwed.........
Last edited by PeterZhao478; 20th March 2014 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Change of word
20th March 2014, 12:30 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 3,134

6,312 posts
More
Quote:

I also have another question... Dose a RUU format the internal memory? if it doesn't then I'm screwed.........

yes, a full ruu wipes internal storage.
22nd March 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
More
Well... It seems like HTC says that my phone has physical damage? They also said that the button was physical damage... Search Google for HTC One button flush... I bet thousands of post talk about the button and my dead pixel was caused by pressure? How do they know if pressure was put on it... HTC trolling.
26th March 2014, 01:58 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
More
Quote:

yes, a full ruu wipes internal storage.

Do you think any of the damages look like physical damage? http://imgur.com/a/Tsokf#2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread