Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,594 Members 39,267 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Custom rom question

Tip us?

ElAguila
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Default Custom rom question

I have been reading in several threads and I think I understand this correctly but I wanted to verify it. I have safe strap installed. I am on a 4.3 rom and the custom rom I want to install is also 4.3. I would like to make the custom rom my primary rom and get rid of the partition limitations. In order to do this I can wipe the stock rom slot and install it there, correct? If I make a nandroid back up of the original rom before I wipe it, I should be able to just restore that rom if I wanted to later, correct?
AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Rooted/Dynamic ROM
Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Rooted / Cleanrom

Agent
Old
Thanks Meter 355

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAguila View Post
I have been reading in several threads and I think I understand this correctly but I wanted to verify it. I have safe strap installed. I am on a 4.3 rom and the custom rom I want to install is also 4.3. I would like to make the custom rom my primary rom and get rid of the partition limitations. In order to do this I can wipe the stock rom slot and install it there, correct? If I make a nandroid back up of the original rom before I wipe it, I should be able to just restore that rom if I wanted to later, correct?
You can't NANDROID anything yet, but you can always try it and just use the MJ5 restore method if all else fails. I would go ahead and download all the files there first just in case crap happens (then you won't have to wait an hour to download it)

ElAguila
Old
(Last edited by ElAguila; 19th March 2014 at 06:09 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
So basically only backup the data with twrp since the rest won't restore and then if it craps out do the mj5 restore then restore my data with twrp. Is this the restore method you are referring to?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2619005
AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Rooted/Dynamic ROM
Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Rooted / Cleanrom