MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

[Q] Option to backup and restore unrooted Note 3

18th March 2014, 02:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

87 posts
Hi,

Can anyone suggest a simple way to backup and restore while resetting the device?

I had to wipe the date on the phone and reset it, but lost several stuff including Nova settings, installed apps via apks from unknown sources, etc.

Any good app which simplifies the backup and restore option? Tried Mybackup pro and Helium before, but not good.

I do not want to root the phone to use Titanium backup though.
18th March 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #2  
Flag C:\Android
Thanks Meter: 10

51 posts
More
Have you tried backing up the device with the back up feature available in the settings?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1395158205138.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	2637148  
19th March 2014, 10:19 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

87 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen`

Have you tried backing up the device with the back up feature available in the settings?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A

I did, although the backup was a month ago. When I reset, i could not backup as I lost my AVG password so had to reset using the buttons. Restored it using the backup feature but like I said above most of the features were gone! For example, my nova settings, etc
19th March 2014, 10:35 AM   |  #4  
Flag Tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 127

214 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram11

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a simple way to backup and restore while resetting the device?

I had to wipe the date on the phone and reset it, but lost several stuff including Nova settings, installed apps via apks from unknown sources, etc.

Any good app which simplifies the backup and restore option? Tried Mybackup pro and Helium before, but not good.

I do not want to root the phone to use Titanium backup though.

Titanium Backup is the BEST app
The Following User Says Thank You to bekasulaberidze For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2014, 10:45 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

87 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekasulaberidze

Titanium Backup is the BEST app

I know that. I have mentioned on top I dont want to use it, as I have to root the phone.

If you have suggestion for unrooted devices, let me know.
19th March 2014, 10:57 AM   |  #6  
Flag Tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 127

214 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram11

I know that. I have mentioned on top I dont want to use it, as I have to root the phone.

If you have suggestion for unrooted devices, let me know.

I have tried many apps but they are not stable enough, try this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.go.backup.ex
The Following User Says Thank You to bekasulaberidze For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2014, 11:40 AM   |  #7  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 577

4,462 posts
The problem for most apps is they need root access to put back settings and so forth... Unfortunately there is a limit to what most apps can do to an unrooted phone...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank