Originally Posted by sumansur2008
I have a request 4 u. Please make a modded OMNI rom 4 us. Yesterday I flashed the Jenkins 10th march version. I can't use for more than a while, 'cause i can't install any file manager or any .apk, moreover things went wrong after i flash gapps.. But I loved it and want to hav it as a daily driver. So, if u don't hv any project / busy schedule then pls.try. Anyway 2day i will flash this build.
Smell a rat! Trim that ROM first.
Omni has it own file manager called "Documents." The CMFileManage can be installed as a user app.
BUGs on Omni -- I still am using a daily driver, though:
1. Clock FC's. Widgets appear fine (I use Chronus) but no alarms, stopwatch, wordclocks, etc.
2. GPS apparently not functioning, though location services seem to work. Some apps dependent on GPS FC.
3. Long widget, background process startup times but much better than cm-11
4. About 10 meg worth of apps symlinked by link2sd will be un-symlinked (more probably dereferenced) on start up. Easily cleaned up every few starts. Make sure to recreate link2sd build scripts freshly, reboot after new flash or internal storage mishaps worse than this.
5. Will usually get a wait message on system on startup. Everything works anyway, just open home screen and dismiss.
Those dl builds are genuine "nightlies," scheduled, regardless of whether or not any changes made that will be noticed.