Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,304 Members 41,203 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT[ root for Omni ROM

Tip us?

Dovidhalevi
Old
Thanks Meter 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by z1022 View Post
ROM is good.

However, after flash GAPPSLight. Root have gone. It should be not enough space in /system
MUST trim the ROM. Omni is no different here, maybe even bigger.
The superSU installation wil temporarily move some stuff to make room for the root install, then move it back. However, none of that stuff belongs on system. There is not enough room for even one of those gapps. GAPPSLight is trivial and should not fill you up. In other words, trim the ROM first.

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhar**** View Post
Yes, it takes a bit of time sometimes. It's slow and can't help it .
So here's my suggestion, in settings, set default access to 'grant'. It's a bit faster this way
First thing I tried (with my simple daemon start method). Never came up. But up and running now, all's well that ends well.

Question: SuperSU offers to make a backup script first time the UI is exercised. Promises to survive further flashes. Does this indeed work (and ... how)?

I will copy files and edit a version of the setup script from this zip and have them available on my sdcard just in case

sumansur2008
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Default Modded Omni Rom

@rhar****,
I have a request 4 u. Please make a modded OMNI rom 4 us. Yesterday I flashed the Jenkins 10th march version. I can't use for more than a while, 'cause i can't install any file manager or any .apk, moreover things went wrong after i flash gapps.. But I loved it and want to hav it as a daily driver. So, if u don't hv any project / busy schedule then pls.try. Anyway 2day i will flash this build.
LG Optimus One P500
ROM : Glued to CM 11 at this moment.
Recovery: CWM Recovery 6.0.4.6.
The Following User Says Thank You to sumansur2008 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dovidhalevi
Old
Thanks Meter 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumansur2008 View Post
@rhar****,
I have a request 4 u. Please make a modded OMNI rom 4 us. Yesterday I flashed the Jenkins 10th march version. I can't use for more than a while, 'cause i can't install any file manager or any .apk, moreover things went wrong after i flash gapps.. But I loved it and want to hav it as a daily driver. So, if u don't hv any project / busy schedule then pls.try. Anyway 2day i will flash this build.
Smell a rat! Trim that ROM first.

Omni has it own file manager called "Documents." The CMFileManage can be installed as a user app.
BUGs on Omni -- I still am using a daily driver, though:
1. Clock FC's. Widgets appear fine (I use Chronus) but no alarms, stopwatch, wordclocks, etc.
2. GPS apparently not functioning, though location services seem to work. Some apps dependent on GPS FC.
3. Long widget, background process startup times but much better than cm-11
4. About 10 meg worth of apps symlinked by link2sd will be un-symlinked (more probably dereferenced) on start up. Easily cleaned up every few starts. Make sure to recreate link2sd build scripts freshly, reboot after new flash or internal storage mishaps worse than this.
5. Will usually get a wait message on system on startup. Everything works anyway, just open home screen and dismiss.

Those dl builds are genuine "nightlies," scheduled, regardless of whether or not any changes made that will be noticed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dovidhalevi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sumansur2008
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovidhalevi View Post
Smell a rat! Trim that ROM first.

Omni has it own file manager called "Documents." The CMFileManage can be installed as a user app.
BUGs on Omni -- I still am using a daily driver, though:
1. Clock FC's. Widgets appear fine (I use Chronus) but no alarms, stopwatch, wordclocks, etc.
2. GPS apparently not functioning, though location services seem to work. Some apps dependent on GPS FC.
3. Long widget, background process startup times but much better than cm-11
4. About 10 meg worth of apps symlinked by link2sd will be un-symlinked (more probably dereferenced) on start up. Easily cleaned up every few starts. Make sure to recreate link2sd build scripts freshly, reboot after new flash or internal storage mishaps worse than this.
5. Will usually get a wait message on system on startup. Everything works anyway, just open home screen and dismiss.

Those dl builds are genuine "nightlies," scheduled, regardless of whether or not any changes made that will be noticed.
I saw a file manager namely"Documents", but i couldn't install any .apk from there, it said " the file can't be opened" or such that. I flash a file explorer but can't enter enter any subfolder in sdcard. But i will have a another go 2day.
LG Optimus One P500
ROM : Glued to CM 11 at this moment.
Recovery: CWM Recovery 6.0.4.6.

rharshit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 708
Quote:
@rhar****,
Yea, I'll try to make a Trimmed ROM soon

Quote:
I saw a file manager namely"Documents", but i couldn't install any .apk from there, it said " the file can't be opened" or such that. I flash a file explorer but can't enter enter any subfolder in sdcard. But i will have a another go 2day.
For time being, to install any apk, get a file manager. If you cant, then from Documents, navigate to the apk and hold on it. It will be highlighted. Now copy it and from documents' side panel (swipe from left) go to Downloads and paste it there. Now go to Downloads from app drawer and install from there.
Press the THANKS button if I helped
This is not Facebook, Google+ or anything like that. There's no Like or +1 button here.
Only
THANKS button
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rharshit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chalo99
Old
Thanks Meter 36
The root is working pretty fine. I tried a lot of times. Sorry to say it now when maybe a week passed, but I forgot to comment. Omni seems to be a good project. And this is the first taste of omni and kit kat, so doble pleasure.

rharshit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalo99 View Post
The root is working pretty fine. I tried a lot of times. Sorry to say it now when maybe a week passed, but I forgot to comment. Omni seems to be a good project. And this is the first taste of omni and kit kat, so doble pleasure.
Yeah. I too use it as a daily driver, and so am thinking of mading it a bit. Like Halo))) or multiwindow
But, unfortunately, not anytime soon
This is not Facebook, Google+ or anything like that. There's no Like or +1 button here.
Only
THANKS button

Dovidhalevi
Old
Thanks Meter 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhar**** View Post
Yeah. I too use it as a daily driver, and so am thinking of mading it a bit. Like Halo))) or multiwindow
But, unfortunately, not anytime soon
Xposed Xhalo will work in cm-11 but not in omni! Omni takes the window's flag for ... its own multiwindow. So ... where is that?
Xposed multiwindow (its own UI) might work in omni or alongside halo or xhalo ... uses a different flag to avoid the conflict.

In any event, Xposed might be the best way to get these things.

rharshit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovidhalevi View Post
Xposed Xhalo will work in cm-11 but not in omni! Omni takes the window's flag for ... its own multiwindow. So ... where is that?
Xposed multiwindow (its own UI) might work in omni or alongside halo or xhalo ... uses a different flag to avoid the conflict.

In any event, Xposed might be the best way to get these things.
Yea, I was also wondering about multi-window
And never noticed the thing about HALO. Will try to get something done.
Only
THANKS button

The Following User Says Thank You to rharshit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
lg optimus one, lg p500, omni rom, root, supersu