5,597,138 Members 43,957 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] GT-N7100 faulty IMEI and Network not registered

Tip us?

XXM3G4XX
Old
(Last edited by XXM3G4XX; 22nd February 2014 at 08:28 PM.) Reason: updated information
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] GT-N7100 faulty IMEI and Network not registered

Background

Hi there my genius friends,

My issue started with sds - sudden death syndrome which i tried everything for but to no avail, i failed. i went through many threads but still nothing resolved it.
Knowing full well that my GT-N7100 was not covered by EU warranty, i spoke to Samsung and gave my IMEI number and they said it was ok ( because they could not find out where my warranty was from at that time). I sent it and a week and a bit later i got it back. They did not fully fix it and said that my warranty did not cover it as it was bought from outside EU. I brought it through Ebay from a UK Seller but the Seller brought it from UAE. Samsung left me in a slighty better possible as i could flash and go past where i was before. Once i flashed a stock rom i ended up with a fake IMEI and network not registered.

Now by chance i have some very old efs backup on my laptops. I am a noob at this sort of thing. How do i restore using these backups on my laptop. I have tried different kernals and modems. i have tried apps that have been mentioned in this forums. i have literally tried everything. variety of different roms, custom and stock. Everything. I have been on it for nearly two weeks scouring the internet and applying all sorts. nothing.
I am now thinking do i need to flash a rom from UAE? I live in London. the phone is originally from UAE.

Everything about efs is always about back up then restore. I already have a back up, but how do i restore.
I need a dummies guide. any links and roms to download would be much appreciated. Please help me.....

Many thanks in advance.

rusk1a
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi mate you repair your phone because i have same problem ,if yes please tell me how

XXM3G4XX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusk1a View Post
Hi mate you repair your phone because i have same problem ,if yes please tell me how
Yes. I actually paid someone. My efs folder was corrupted.

rusk1a
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXM3G4XX View Post
Yes. I actually paid someone. My efs folder was corrupted.
how mach you pay and where because i living in London same

XXM3G4XX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusk1a View Post
how mach you pay and where because i living in London same

Sorry I've been away. Do you still need the address or number?

hazin99
Old
(Last edited by hazin99; 19th March 2014 at 03:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Background

Hi there my genius friends,

My issue started with sds - sudden death syndrome which i tried everything for but to no avail, i failed. i went through many threads but still nothing resolved it.
Knowing full well that my GT-N7100 was not covered by EU warranty, i spoke to Samsung and gave my IMEI number and they said it was ok ( because they could not find out where my warranty was from at that time). I sent it and a week and a bit later i got it back. They did not fully fix it and said that my warranty did not cover it as it was bought from outside EU. I brought it through Ebay from a UK Seller but the Seller brought it from UAE. Samsung left me in a slighty better possible as i could flash and go past where i was before. Once i flashed a stock rom i ended up with a fake IMEI and network not registered.

Now by chance i have some very old efs backup on my laptops. I am a noob at this sort of thing. How do i restore using these backups on my laptop. I have tried different kernals and modems. i have tried apps that have been mentioned in this forums. i have literally tried everything. variety of different roms, custom and stock. Everything. I have been on it for nearly two weeks scouring the internet and applying all sorts. nothing.
I am now thinking do i need to flash a rom from UAE? I live in London. the phone is originally from UAE.

Everything about efs is always about back up then restore. I already have a back up, but how do i restore.
I need a dummies guide. any links and roms to download would be much appreciated. Please help me.....

Many thanks in advance.
U can flash it with pached modem and kernel to fix it...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rusk1a
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Sorry I've been away. Do you still need the address or number?

yes if is possible
thank you

Tags
imei 0049, n7100, not registered on network