Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Phone was fine, ran out of battery, now "System Ui Has stopped" every few seconds

OP Tamen

16th March 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18

238 posts
More
Hey,
Note 2 running PACMAN rom, android 4.3.

I woke up and checked it at 8am, no problems at all. Went to use it at 1pm and it had run out of battery. I plugged it into my computer to charge it, turned it on and it said "System UI has stopped. Blame Tyler" - and continues to do this every time you press OK, with about a 3 second gap in between each one.

I restart my phone quite regularly and I don't think I've installed anything that could be causing this. I've disabled XPosed but same problem. Any other ideas? Otherwise I'll have to just wipe it and start again, perhaps with CM. I need a working phone for tomorrow though!

Cheers
16th March 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #2  
Flag Katerini
Thanks Meter: 41

289 posts
More
Maybe a silly question, but have you wiped cache and dalvik cache from recovery? If not try it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
16th March 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

238 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandoliasnikos

Maybe a silly question, but have you wiped cache and dalvik cache from recovery? If not try it.

This seems quite sinisiter - thanks for the suggestion but it hasn't worked, and it's unearthed something more concerning about the state of my phone (the TWRP messages, see below). Can't believe I didn't think to do that myself though! (I haven't messed around with ROMs for quite a while so am out of practice, I've had this one for a few months).

Delvik cache completed, then said something like "updating partition details. E: Error opening '/data/system/...." I/O Error" and various APKs - one of which was system UI. Wiping the cache again told me done, but loads of errors of similar APKs (This time in /data/data/ though). This sounds incredibly ominous though and I've never seen that error before in any of the wipes or anything I've done.

Restarted it but the system UI error messages persist. I want to wipe and install a fresh ROM but I'm worried I'm going to be left with a totally useless phone if things won't wipe or flash properly. Any ideas would be great.
Last edited by Tamen; 16th March 2014 at 06:38 PM.
16th March 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #4  
Flag Katerini
Thanks Meter: 41

289 posts
More
If anything goes wrong u still have the option to flash a new rom through odin.

16th March 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

238 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandoliasnikos

If anything goes wrong u still have the option to flash a new rom through odin.

I'm currently downloading a rom to flash with odin. I tried to do a nandroid backup but the same I/O errors appeared. I have no idea what could have caused this as the phone was running absolutely fine yesterday!
16th March 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #6  
Flag Królewska Huta
Thanks Meter: 57

278 posts
More
try to fix permissions in recovery. On HD2 it helped in 90% of the cases
19th March 2014, 04:59 PM   |  #7  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 4

52 posts
More
Quote: